Gas mileage

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I've noticed my gas milage has dropped badly since it got cold. Cold start enrichment sucks.

EGR cooler leaking probably doesn't help either...

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
tissimo;1205944 said:
^^ weak that means you dont run it hard.

That is highway cruising. ;)
I drive my car hard, ask anyone that knows me. Why do you think I break parts? To name a few, turbo, DS, traction arms, sheered off flywheels bolts, OEM crank pulley. Nope, I guess I don't drive it hard. :sarcasm:

mattman

Oct 8, 2007
Michigan
I get about 220miles on a full tank. I run 98 octin. and just run back and forth to school and work. both are about 7 miles away from my house. I think i get about 18 MPG. But to me its worth it just to be the only supra that actually nice

Supra-Man18

Nov 24, 2007
miami
Down but not out;1205621 said:
Day to day driving I get about 280 - 300 miles out of a tank, my car has 3" turbo back, walbro pump, AFPR @ 26psi (vac on) MAFT pro and running about 14psi everything else is pretty much stock.

26 psi on FPR thats really low isnt it ? 1jz or 7m ?

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Highway, at steady speed, best I've seen yet is 30mpg on this last stroker motor. (Tons of coated parts, free flowing exhaust etc.)

Stock it was mid to high 20's IIRC. (I've had the car since 95 or 96, I can't remember exactly when I bought it anymore, might have been the summer of 96.)

Downpipe with no cats was a big bump in fuel economy and power.

If yours is doing poorly, check your O2 sensor as noted, and that you have not melted, or clogged up the stock cats. (There are two, one just under the turbo, and one under the floor of the car.) Most aftermarket Down Pipe designs remove both cats.

Good luck.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
LOL, my custom downpipe removed both.. :) A 3 inch pipe is a 3 inch pipe..

If I had it all to do over again, I'd just go with a new exhaust manifold from China, adapter to raise and rotate the turbo, the MPT-70, at least 680cc injectors, and start out right v/s building it up 4x.. LOL

Not sure our cars really need a 4 inch exhaust, but it's possible if you dont' mind the thing scraping around from time to time..

In any case, the better you let the engine draw in air, add fuel, burn it and then expell it, the more power your going to make, and the less pumping losses you have.. So you get better fuel economy from a higher performance engine..

That is till you put your foot in the throttle... LOL

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
ive been known to get anywhere between 280-325 a tank depending on how im driving it and what kinda driving im doing (i live in the city so not alot of highway).