Fuse Box Relocation

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
honestabe;1596605 said:
Pic of where you mounted yours? I looked and can't fathom any space above the drivers feet for the 2nd fuse box. As far as I know I removed all my A/C stuff. I'm having a hard time visualizing.

On either side of clutch there is also room above the footrest. Once you remove the bottom top cover and edge plastic it breaks down to less the 1/3 the original size piece of cake from there.

I would love to post a picture of it but I have 2 supras the one where i relocated the rest isnt quite finished yet but I do plan to do this mode to both supras eventualy.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Old thread bump.

Any updated pics from anyone?

Also anyone know of something similar to the motec pdm15/30 that is cheaper lol?

Sir_2jza70

Sock puppet master
May 10, 2005
Canberra, Australia
Haltech is about to release a similar unit. Its alot cheaper, but that still doesnt really make it "cheap". I might get one some day, but not at the moment.

Ive stripped my entire car of wiring and Im re-wiring the entire thing from scratch using a simple hot rod style universal kit. There will be one fuse box located behind the passenger seat (rear seats are going), and all wires will run from there. At this stage it looks like I dont need to lengthen any wires, except the included headlight circuits will only trigger a relay, which will then have its own circuit.

Battery will be moved to the boot (or behind the seat as well), factory battery tray is being sliced out. Engine loom is getting a new loom to suit the Haltech.

Should be a MUCH simpler/lighter way of doing things as there are alot of circuit check/etc wires which I wont be using.

Heres how much I removed.
p1744195_1.jpg

BTW, the previous owner had moved the fusebox under the wheel arch......it was the most horrible and stupid idea I have ever seen. Please do not do this!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Im thinking about putting it under the drivers head light and then cutting the support right there and making a bolt in panel out of it. That way i can just remove the panel and access everything. Need to look into it as i just thought of it earlier. Going to use a braille or similar battery and mount it under that head light as well or move it to the other side.

Thats quite the bit of a project you got going with all that, Hopefully it goes smoothly.

I more or less trying to tuck everything But not hack anything and get rid of anything that i dont need or use. LIke the wind shield washers. ID like the remove the entire circuit of wire but then id need to remove the dash which i dont want to do at this time.

Prolly going to pull the body harness that goes to the head lights and all that, Find some connectors so i can easily unplug if needed and run it a different route where you wont see it and remove anything i dont need.

This shit takes time tho and my car is my DD. So what ever i do it has to be working by the next time i go to work. Fun.

taka21

Feb 16, 2008
washington dc
ok not to threadjack but i figured i would continue here since it was started here
im about halfway through doing this mod now and im taking pics , so far its just messy on the inside of the car.
pulling the fusebox wires wasn't bad. so far ive managed to get the fusebox inside the car having extended only 2 wires(so far) the pink and pink/white.
im looking into mounting whats left of the box under the dash to the left of the steering column (access by dropping the plastics)
only issue im running into is figuring out where to pull power from and where to safely attach my alt wiring(as it now runs inside the car)

taka21

Feb 16, 2008
washington dc
87supraguy;1834946 said:
any updates?
actually yea i have this setup running, i ended up using zipties to secure the fusebox to the dash support bar and tie up all the wires. im thinking about shortening up all those wires though its a little tight under there