Funniest thing you've ever heard about your supra.

gmsotaku

Apr 4, 2010
VA
MK3 Supra was parked beside two of my friends car, hood was popped, because we were at a car show. Some of the people walked by, we overheard them, "OMG LOOK!!!11 IT'S GOT A 1JZ!!!" The Supra is a 7MGE N/A.

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
I got in my car, started it up, and proceeded to leave a parking lot last night. During the whole process a group of people where there and were going to walk into the building and some guy says "Wow, hot rod!"

shipkiller

Sep 16, 2010
Quebec
people ask me all the time if it's a 1jz
when I tell them no, it's a 7m
they all goes ???? and walk away, then I show 'em good stuff on the track and they,re all coming back: what kind of engine is this

89Slowpra

Mar 31, 2011
Pocono Lake, PA
theprodigy79;1746435 said:
I've had several people say "Oh!! That's the car from Back to the Future!!!" of which a couple even requested to see the doors 'go up'...

I've also had a couple people say it looks like [the same type of car as] the night rider car... So I can vouch for the Camaro/Firebird thing as well.

This. Got out of the car at wawa and this high/ drunk looking teen girl yelled "hey professor how was the future?", and what I'm guessing was her little brother corrected her - "that's not a delorian you idiot!" I have him a thumbs up and loled

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
brought my car to work for the first time, couple coworkers checked it out. after showing them the engine bay, this happens:
(i work at a naval architects office)

coworker #1: so it's FWD?
coworker #2: no, AWD.
me: goddamn boat people

One2spooku

Feb 20, 2010
Tri-Cities
I stopped at the gas station last night and popped the hood. I was immediately approached by a moron. Apparently his friend had the exact same car with the exact same engine. It was N/A and producing 575 rwhp. It was really built though. Cams, Exhaust and bored 60 over. Last time they drove it they lost traction at 135 when they shifted into 4th.
Sounds like a pretty amazing car lol. He wanted to tell me all about it. This was a grown ass man in his 30s.

I drive an 85 with a boosted 7m.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
I was once informed that my car was "little" by a large black female officer after being apprehended for drifting in the rain. I told her I just dropped the motor in and I wasn't used to it. (which I had, but I knew what I was doing, obviously) but she let me go.

I've also been informed that my car could be heard 2.5 miles out.

Oh I've also heard rumors of myself tell about me specifically and a supra with well over 500hp (mind you my car had 350whp MAX)

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

that's a good one.... non-related but I had a guy say his uncle took the limiter off a new camaro v6 and they hit 200 in it. :umno:

suprarunner8792

Dec 11, 2009
Tucson/Phoenix
guy asked me what car i had i told him a civic with a body kit.
he said oh is it a turbo?
i replied no, turbos make this car slower.
he then went ahead and noticed that it was a 6cyl and asked if i did an engine swap
i said "STOP BEING DUMB" and walked away...

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
At gas station yesterday - filling up with E85..

17 year old kid says "You might not want to run that in you're car, I would run premium...."
*Blank stare, hands kid money "Oh yeah? Thanks, have a good one"

laotionracer101

Jan 8, 2010
Arkansas
A guy at the university (automotive student) was giving my car the look around, he bluntly said the car is ugly, I like the performance though. Stock ge :dunno:

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
Me and a group of friends pull up at the local track. I immediatly get out and raise my hood to let the heat out frome the drive.
A guy walks up and says whos supra?
me: its mine
him: you gonna run it?
me: not tonight it needs a tune
him: well ill race you!
I look over at his single cam delsol and shake my head.

then his friend walks up and says "yeah my brother has one of these except his has a 1j swap"
I immediatly responded "yeah there nice but dont make any torque."
he looked like i slapped him in the face.

staurday night at 3a.m i was going to huddle house pull up to a road block.
cop 1 comes up gets my license and calls it in
cop 2 walks around the car shines his flash light in the back and say " DAMN SON... you have enough nitrous in this thing?"
me: ummmm yeah but the bottles are empty right now
cop 2 smiles and says have a good night.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
One2spooku;1750596 said:
I stopped at the gas station last night and popped the hood. I was immediately approached by a moron. Apparently his friend had the exact same car with the exact same engine. It was N/A and producing 575 rwhp. It was really built though. Cams, Exhaust and bored 60 over. Last time they drove it they lost traction at 135 when they shifted into 4th.
Sounds like a pretty amazing car lol. He wanted to tell me all about it. This was a grown ass man in his 30s.
Pretty sure if you were to bore a 7m 60 over, your cylinders would rub on each other... That aside, shifting into 4th at 135 is pretty damned impressive, must have some REALLY long gears. :rolleyes:

89jdm7m;1750601 said:
I've also been informed that my car could be heard 2.5 miles out.

[/COLOR]that's a good one.... non-related but I had a guy say his uncle took the limiter off a new camaro v6 and they hit 200 in it. :umno:

I'd believe you on the sound thing... I used to know when my friend was turning onto the main road on the way to my parent's place, which is about 3 miles away...

As for the Moo-moo with a v6, I think they might have meant KPH... Even the v8 cars wouldn't be able to hit 200mph with the shape they are.

One2spooku

Feb 20, 2010
Tri-Cities
te72;1750933 said:
Pretty sure if you were to bore a 7m 60 over, your cylinders would rub on each other... That aside, shifting into 4th at 135 is pretty damned impressive, must have some REALLY long gears. :rolleyes:

Yea lmao I didn't think it was worth my time to explain these technical issues to him. Seems he's an RX-7 fan as well. There were some additional stories on that end. Gotta love people.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
While ive never had my car mistaken for another make/model, I have had other cars mistaken for my car..

3rd gen camaro, countless ford probes, even an oldsmobile..

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
One2spooku;1750952 said:
Yea lmao I didn't think it was worth my time to explain these technical issues to him. Seems he's an RX-7 fan as well. There were some additional stories on that end. Gotta love people.

For the most part, I've learned that cars can be a lot like discussing religion or politics, a headache for the even somewhat educated person in that discussion. :nono: