Fuel surge tank

stevenr816

Feb 12, 2007
Phoenix,AZ
www.myspace.com
I was going to ask the same thing about the foam, what type?

Also do you know if the AEM ems will do this fuel voltage drop? Would I really need it with having only 1 pump on ok the street tune and the others on with the race gas? Don't know how often that would be though

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
stevenr816;1631955 said:
How are you guys baffling the stock tank?

My setup would be stock tank, dual or triple mk3 255 pumps with individual powers, 1250s, afpr, online filter, dual stock lines feeding the left and right side of the stock 7m rail with the cold start line being the return.

The individual pump powers would also switch fuel maps from street to race gas tune. So the pump being on would be set to minimal

when i got my sump it came with instructions, on these instructions it gave me the recommended hole size to use, i basically just put the holes in the same area that the plastic pickup area that IJ was talking about, but you have to be careful and not hit the plastic or else your going to have fun cleaning it out. then trying to clean some of the slag left behind from the welder is kinda tuff to get to. but thats why we run pre-filters :)

It also came with a template to use

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
aye mate;1631991 said:
Never heard of that, IJ. Is there special foam just for fuel tanks? I would think that regular foam would break down and suck fhit up.

Yep there are a few different types for the different fuels, it comes in blocks that are easy to squeeze into the Sender/Pump hole.

lsx342.jpg

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Fuel cell foam could work in low G situations to an extent, but in situations where you start pouring on the g forces that foam just collapses under the weight of the fuel then expands again under no load, rendering it useless.