Fuel Pump.....RIP?

SupraStardom

Nov 11, 2006
Council Bluffs, IA
Alright so I got everything done on my rebuild and made some nice additions to the engine. I'm running 550 injectors. Lex AFM. BIC DDP and many other things. I ran the car for a few weeks. And this morning on my way to work it ran rough. It would idle fine. Just during take off or maintain speed it would bog down then go bog and go. This afternoon when I got off work the car just wouldn't start. After minutes of trying there wasn't even a hint of fuel.

All my vacum lines were fine. Spark was present. Air seemed fine. So that would leave back at fuel. Fuel lines were intact no leaks. 1/2 tank of fuel. Fuses are fine as well. I think it might be the fuel pump out. I just got a walboro 255 the other day. I just hadn't had the time to install it. I guess it is time. Any other ideas out there? Thanks alot.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
disconnect the feed line to the fuel rail... jump the +B and FP terminals in the diag box with the key in the on position... see if fuel comes out...

if it doesnt then it pretty much means the fuel pump or the direct wiring to it is fubar

HTH

SupraStardom

Nov 11, 2006
Council Bluffs, IA
Yeah I'll try it when I get to work tomarrow. I'd go back now but it'd be dark before I get there. I'll be taking my 2 wheeled non motorized form of transportation.:cry:

xXxICExXx

Aug 6, 2006
Abbotsford, BC, Canada
Do what ideal suggested and pretty much go from there. If you already have the walboro, throw it in and hopefully thats what it was, if not atleast you eliminate the biggest option.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
make sure you don't start a fire when/ if you disconnect a fuel line and jump +B and FP. that throws sparks sometimes. ;)

-shaeff