Fuel pump not turning on...(Help).

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
I just finish swapping my second engine back on. The car wont fire up and I don't here the fuel pump running. Check the crank sensor (plug in),I tried jumping Fp and B+ still nothing and I'm not sure about the relay or if there is a fuse for the fuel pump. Any idea where I can check the power directly? The car is 1987 if that makes any difference.

Thanks
Noel

Last edited:

pete.w

Mar 13, 2008
birmingham
i had this problem only yesturday and found that the fuse box where the fuel relay sits was missing a live feed ,i left one of the leads off, might be worth checking you have a feed to the relay (sits in the fuse box silver)

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
I would think if the (Fp)&(B+) are jump that would eliminate the relay. I'm hoping I don't have to brake in at the back to check the leads for the pump. I was too tired to trace the problem last night so when I get off work today I have to brake out my Fluke. I just wanted to get a handle on the situation quicker.

Thanks
Noel

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
OK here are my codes; dtc 12,17,18,42-vss circuit,and 43-starter signal.

What done; jumped fuel pump(started), open up ecu(OK), and now in the process of checking for sparks(starting fluid). Idon't think the injectors are firing or the coils even though it register 12 volts.

Would the crank sensor/cam sensors and timing make all the difference that it wouldn't even turn over for just a few seconds?

The only difference i made was the engine I swapped was from a (auto) Soarer.(?)

Can any one shine a light of what's going on?

Thanks
Noel

edit: No sparks,no fuel,and = ECU

Last edited: