Fuel pump fuse/relay ?

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
I can't find it and consulted the manual, only thing relevent I can see is the reference to the efi fuse, which I checked already and it is good. I have a no-start condition, and don't hear the fuel pump prime when I turn the key. Everything else is good. Plz help.

bombinuass

Mar 20, 2010
Dahlonega, GA
you wont hear the fuel pump when you turn the key.

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

and check the codes.

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
I believe the relay is on the passenger side behind the strut. You will need two people to test fuel pump, get a meter and plug in to fp and e1 on the diag block and have some one crank car see if you have voltage. I do think there is a fuel pump resistor on these and that your voltage will only be around 10.8. DO NOT QUOTE ME THOUGH....

When you turn the key on you will only have power to fuel pump for a few seconds, until you crank it, or the car is running.

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
quick update, fuel pump relay checks good, however, I have no spark/no fire. Checked the #1 plug for fire and got nothing. I have no clue why this is, was working fine 2 days ago. For some clarificatin, my FAL twin electric cooling fans shorted out yesterday while driving. I found that the previous owner had tapped power for the fan from the turbo timer harness, which melted when it shorted and rendered the car disabled. I have a new turbo timer harness being overnighted. I have restored the ignition by bypassing where the turbo timer adapter was and plugged up the oem connecters, and can now try and start the car, but I now ultimately have a no-fire/spark condition for some reason.

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
have you checked the cps connector? you timing belt did not slip did it? All fuses good? Any shorted wires that go back to the ecu? might need to check a wire diagram see where fuel and spark are related and make sure that none of your turbo timer wires trace back into the ecu are burnt.

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
got it figured out..sort of. My new turbo timer harness came in and once I plugged it up.. she started right up. I was worried that it was that simple so I checked and traced all the wires coming to, or leaving that area, plus put ohm meter and checked it all out. I could'nt find any other issues. I also got rid of the electric cooling fan, since it burned up anyway. A buddy of mine has a 88 mkiii for a parts car, and he generously gave me the oem cooling fan, and I put that on today and it works great. thanx everyone for your input, you guys are the best. Oh and btw, I did find the fuel pump relay, its actually labeled "fuel pump relay"....lmao. It tested fine with the meter.