Fuel pulsation damper (Keep it or leave it)

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas, United States
I found a leak in my FPD. I noticed that there's a kit out there to eliminate the FPD completely but i was hesitant to doing this since I'm guessing Toyota put it there for a reason. I did some research on it and couldnt find much on the mk3's but found that many RX-7's take it off since they always seem to fail at around 60,000 miles and sometimes end up toasting the car so they're seen as a fire hazard. I for sure dont want my car to go up in flames so I'm thinking about eliminating it. I have a AFPR installed on the car with with a Walbro. So my questions are the following: Have any of you guys eliminated the FPD? Did you use the kit? Have you had any issues with it? Do you have to make any adjustments as far as fuel pressure?:1zhelp:

gennro

Mar 12, 2008
Alamogordo, NM
It does exactly what it is called. The FPD just helps keep the fuel pressure steady from the injectors opening and closing. Is it necessary no.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
There are many reasons, not just one, why a V6 Camry runs so smooth, and a comparable Lumina V6 Lumina from the same year don't.