fuel cut with BIC exhaust....

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
I just installed the BIC DDP, test pipe and their 3.5 thunder catback, and was hitting fuel cut with my manual boost controller, so I took it off and now Im still hitting fuel cut. I have the Lex AFM w/ RC 550 injectors, and I still cant keep from hitting fuel cut. Is this normal with this exhaust or is something wrong?? Ive checked my couplings for rips and tears or loose connections and they all look good. It doesnt flash the code 34 until 3rd and 4th gear at higher RPMs.

I have a VPC that needs installed but I want to fix this problem before I install something else.

Can anybody explain this to me???

Thanks for the help,
Brandon

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
GrimJack said:
Are you still on a stock CT26 turbo? If so, sounds like you need a boost leak tester.

If not, you may actually be hitting FC for real.

I have the ct26 upgraded to a 57 trim....does this mean that I need to install the VPC to eliminate the fuel cut?

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
Yes check for boost leaks first. The 57 trim turbo is flowing way more air than the stock turbo at the same boost levels, so the 57 trim at 10 psi is flowing about the same amount of air as the stock turbo at 12-13 psi, and the 7m afm measures air flow not boost pressure. When installing a DDP on upgraded turbo's I reccomend to port out the wastegate hole in the turbine housing, you can make it about 1/8" larger than stock.

You can also drill out the plug on the afm body and adjust the screw out to let more unmetered air in, but keep an eye on your afr's. You can normally get a few more psi this way.

Last edited:

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
yardarm1 said:
Since you say code 34 appears at high RPM....Dont rev it so high! sound familiar?

Genius!!! Why didnt I think of that?:3d_frown: If youre not going to help then stop posting....increase your post count in someone else's thread.

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
becauseican said:
Yes check for boost leaks first. The 57 trim turbo is flowing way more air than the stock turbo at the same boost levels, so the 57 trim at 10 psi is flowing about the same amount of air as the stock turbo at 12-13 psi, and the 7m afm measures air flow not boost pressure. When installing a DDP on upgraded turbo's I reccomend to port out the wastegate hole in the turbine housing, you can make it about 1/8" larger than stock.

You can also drill out the plug on the afm body and adjust the screw out to let more unmetered air in, but keep an eye on your afr's. You can normally get a few more psi this way.

Well, I backed my screw out all the way, and it helped delay the fuel cut but it was still there in 4th gear around 5k RPM. So Im gonna install the VPC today and see if that can help me....

vert88

Aug 31, 2006
jacksonville
you never said anything about installing a fpr and an upgraded fuel pump cause it seems to me that your car is starving for fuel at high rpm you should also get one of your friends with an lm-1 install it in your car temporary and run with that to see where your air/fuel is but it seems to me that you are running out of pump or its just getting old

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
vert88 said:
you never said anything about installing a fpr and an upgraded fuel pump cause it seems to me that your car is starving for fuel at high rpm you should also get one of your friends with an lm-1 install it in your car temporary and run with that to see where your air/fuel is but it seems to me that you are running out of pump or its just getting old
Errr... WTF?

Fuel Cut can be caused by several factors. AFR, fuel delivery, and age are NOT on the list.