fuel cut fun

7EMPIRE

Feb 23, 2010
Raliegh
so my 91 is having serious fuel cut issues.when at 4k when she is warmed up she just hits fuel cut.but if i let the car sit for like 30min and the boost it it will do fine for a couple pulls then start cutting.and i did some research on here and read that if your ecu reads a temp that it is not supposed to that it will fuel cut.so my question is what sensor or sensors should i focus on that could be cause my fuel cut problems.i just think my problem is engine temp related due to the fact that if my engine is cold it will build boost through out the rpms.
thanks for any advice

7EMPIRE

Feb 23, 2010
Raliegh
thats what i read that lead me to think the temp was my problem.but where in there does it state what sensors would cause my problem.it doesnt so try not to be such a smartass guys.lol

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
What modifications are done to the car? What psi is it cutting at? Why are you boosting on a cold engine????????

jrot

Apr 11, 2010
knob noster, MO
man lemme tell you this...if its a temp issue there is only one temp sensor and one temp sender the wiring on the temp sensor in my car caused a ton of issues so i just made my own harness for it now its fine...the sender will have no effect on running only the gauge....there is an air temp i believe but its part of the AFM if i remember corretly....there is also another sensor on the front behind he lower grille on the front though im not sure what its for but its gotta be some sort of air sensor of some kind though ive never heard it mentioned anywhere so i would not sweat it..so it will be one of those if thats the issue...dont know if this helped but i figured i would give you the limited info i have rather than send you to the EXACT SAME THREAD THAT GOT YOU HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
To the OP.

We need a lot more information before we can even start to help you. Which is why I might recommend you reading this thread so that you can help us help you better: http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...l-quot-guys-(or-How-to-ask-smart-questions..)

To make it easy on you, in order for us to help please provide the following information:

Conditions under which you get fuel cut, including driving, your driving behavior (under WOT, half throttle, etc.), environmental (air temp), etc...and do these conditions predictably cause fuel cut?

We need to know if you have modified your car, and if so, what you have done specifically.

We need to know when this started (ie right after you installed a BOV/turbo/boost controller etc)

Please understand, that there is a question about fuel cut almost weekly on here, and in most cases it comes down to a few things: Boost leak, boost controller/gauge set too high for stock afm, mods allow too much air flow/dense air for the stock afm to be happy (I'm sure I'm missing one or two)...or it's not fuel cut at all... which is why people are asking for codes. So take it to autozone or whatever, and get them to run a dx for free.

Aug 12, 2010
P.G. County, Maryland
Check your codes. I guarantee you get one for turbocharger pressure. Check your intercooler piping. Just give them both a shake and make sure you don't have ANY cracks or splits. No, it doesn't matter how big it is. If you have a boost controller, back it off a little bit.