Fuel Cut due to what?

Emeraldage

Oct 13, 2011
Ohio
Well now with what happened I got to figure out what was going on why my psi was dropping as I revved higher. I figure I'll just get 550s and lex this weekend to at least have one problem fixed and then see what happens from there.

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
Emeraldage;2003793 said:
Well now with what happened I got to figure out what was going on why my psi was dropping as I revved higher. I figure I'll just get 550s and lex this weekend to at least have one problem fixed and then see what happens from there.

You obviously have a boost leak somewhere. Have you pressure tested the system from turbo inlet to throttle body?

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Somethings definitely wrong if he's hitting fuel cut on a stock afm at 15 psi... I hit it at 11 on a cold day. Hasn't warmed up enough to crank up the boost any more..

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Emeraldage

Oct 13, 2011
Ohio
So I have boost leak AND fuel cut lol.. Well I found a bunch more valves to use with my compressor to listen for leaks.. It's going to be a bitch to find because it's a leak that only happens when there is 10+psi through the system... I can make pressure with the compressor but that's not even a fraction of what the turbo makes :<

Fogger wouldn't work either because liek I said it holds boost until I get ot like 10-12 then it drops. Leaking by pass valve?

Emeraldage

Oct 13, 2011
Ohio
IMAG0582[1].jpg
My sexy 10$ boost leak tester I made..

Anyways with the oil cap on I hear air leak or some noise on the drive side of the inter cooler so iit's probably cracked and not a loose hose or something :(

Could probably pattch it with weld or something until I get a new one haha.

Emeraldage

Oct 13, 2011
Ohio
I got a 3.5" pvc with a plug.. But it has the same OD as the accordian hose so then I like shoved the plug in really hard and clamped it down lol. I couldn't get the according hose off the turbo and I don't think I woul dhave enough room anyways.

But there was a definite leak or something on the IC. Just going to take the IC off and do a similar test to the IC to find the leak on it.

Emeraldage

Oct 13, 2011
Ohio
Well got a replacement it was definitely cracked and one of the columns of fins were kind of smashed in lol.. No more fuel cut though. :) Still spikes up to like 11-12 psi maybe and drops to 8-10 as I continue pulling. Is that just the waste gate working or my boost gauge being not perfect?

Emeraldage

Oct 13, 2011
Ohio
Well it makes sense that the engine starts outflowing the turbo so the pressure is reduced but the air flow ios the same. I think that spike is just due a bit of a sticky waste gate, i mean it's 25 years old lol. My sunpro boost gauge sits at like -2psi I think the zero is off but it's cheap for a reason. If that's true I'm hitting fuelcut at like 12-13psi and then it drops down to 9-10.