Front Side Markers

Apr 1, 2005
WA
there was a guy on here that was planning to make front clear side markers. he even had some prototypes made. whatever happened to that?

modnar

If all else fails-Kick it
Aug 28, 2005
NOR*CAL
IIRC: Front side markers are accessed from the exterior of the car. Rears from the interior. They are pretty da(rn) different. Probably be easier to fabricate lenses for the front then modify rears.

Or you could check that website...

modnar

MKivSupra_Rob

INLINE6
Jan 22, 2006
Wpg
well it turns out i decided to just get some universal ones and i'll see hwo that turns out (painting hte mouldings so if i have to fill a bit to make them fit it'll be ok)
the stock ones are about 1x5 inches, these are 1x3.5, if all else fails i can just try to mould over the hole and have none i guess.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Going aftermarket and filling in the gap is the easiest. I've made a few molds and have been experimenting with casting myself some clears, but I've got sooo much else to do on my car that it's lost priority.

For the benifit of others, the rear's are not only mounted differently, but they are longer and deeper. The fronts mount against the inside of the moulding the rears mount against the body of the car itself. The moulding at the rear is completely cutout. I hope this helps.

Gargoyle

Mar 13, 2006
Portland, Oregon
A buddy of mine and I are trying to set molds to cast clear front cide marker lights.....I'll keep you informed of the progress, but for us buying new kits for the molds is costing quite a bit so far, the rears are deeper but the hook on the back of the fronts eats up alot of molding.

Brian

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
It depends on what molding medium you're using.... what're you planning on casting with?

willfish

been here since 2003
Apr 23, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
honestly,
as much as I would like to get my mitts on a good quality pair of fronts, I'm getting a bit sick & tired of hearing guy's talk about them, and all the rumors about them. especially about guy's talking about trying to make a mold, or thinking about it, everyone talks like they have some type of , nuclear science engineering degree and wants to fabricate and design / mold a pair for reproduction.....

if so , get off your ass and make a pair....! and I'll be the first person to want to shake your hand an give props to where props to due......

untill then, they dont exist, !!! *sign*

Will

Gargoyle

Mar 13, 2006
Portland, Oregon
CRE said:
It depends on what molding medium you're using.... what're you planning on casting with?

We're using the alumilite kit with the quickset rtv.

And as for Willfish....didn't you get enough love from your mother?