Front or read main seal?

tekimp

Airborne
Aug 8, 2007
Fort Bragg, NC
Out of curiosity, I am just trying to do some fact checking.

Hypothetically, if you have an oil leak from either the front or the rear main seal...

Wouldn't you be more than capable of telling if it is the front or the rear main seal that is bad and leaking oil?

Is there any easy way to tell, other than a shop telling you that they have to replace every seal till they find the right one?

tekimp

Airborne
Aug 8, 2007
Fort Bragg, NC
Well, how could that be? They must be connected! THEY MUST I TELL YOU!

A respectable shop wouldn't spend over 3 days trying to locate an oil leak in the back of an engine... only to tell you a week later it's the front.

HA! HA! Conclusion: THEY ARE CONNECTED!

Sorry, just a little upset at this problem.

Maybe the radiator fan and air flow... blew the oil back... to the rear main seal... and... uh... yeah... the front main seal covered the rear main seal in oil to make it look like it was the rear main seal!

IT WAS A SET UP! That's what it was! I'm telling you! The rear main seal was set up by the front... to make it look like the culprit!

Arrest that seal!

suprajeff

Jul 27, 2007
toccoa,ga
tekimp;1456644 said:
Well, how could that be? They must be connected! THEY MUST I TELL YOU!

A respectable shop wouldn't spend over 3 days trying to locate an oil leak in the back of an engine... only to tell you a week later it's the front.

HA! HA! Conclusion: THEY ARE CONNECTED!

Sorry, just a little upset at this problem.

Maybe the radiator fan and air flow... blew the oil back... to the rear main seal... and... uh... yeah... the front main seal covered the rear main seal in oil to make it look like it was the rear main seal!

IT WAS A SET UP! That's what it was! I'm telling you! The rear main seal was set up by the front... to make it look like the culprit!

Arrest that seal!

the best way to tell,clean the oil off then run the car then look to see if theoil leak is coming from the balancer (frontmain seal) or if coming from the rear oil seal

tekimp

Airborne
Aug 8, 2007
Fort Bragg, NC
Awesome... so that's what takes a week to do! Gotcha!

Still nonsense. The next thing they will say is that they were both bad and that they will have to replace both of them.

I bet you by the time this shop is done... they will say I have a BHG too.

***I still like my hypothesis that the front and rear main seal are connected together...