Front lower control arm bushings ONLY?

SiberianDVM

Dec 31, 2013
Augusta, GA
Dealing with the seized camber bolts. :(

Am I correct in looking at Toyotapartsoverstock website: buying just the replacement bushings for the front lower control arm is not available? The only ones I see are the Energy poly bushings set on Driftmotion.

This is for my ChumpCar racer and I need to use OEM rubber if possible, so my only option is to buy new lower control arms?

SiberianDVM

Dec 31, 2013
Augusta, GA
Thanks, guys.

I may just go with Energy polys front and rear and take the penalty hit.

Wouldn't this be a worthwhile performance enhancer for a road racing car?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Your energy suspension failed?

Havnt heard that yet.

Also Ronniek makes entire kit for front and rear.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I don't mean to steal the thread but might as well ask in here, where can we get rear upper control arms? I've looked around and can only find the fronts.

SiberianDVM

Dec 31, 2013
Augusta, GA
1-2clutch-u;2016075 said:
and dont do it my failed so I went with super pro. or you can go with white line. and yes they are sold by only what you want

Couldn't get the Super Pro catalog to load....

Whiteline's webpage says: Made of Energy's HYPERFLEX performance polyurethane to add performance and durability.....

So are they the same as Energy's bushings?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
doat;2016081 said:
i don't mean to steal the thread but might as well ask in here, where can we get rear upper control arms? I've looked around and can only find the fronts.

440$ each from toyota. If the ball joints dont have play then done worry about them.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
hvyman;2016131 said:
440$ each from toyota. If the ball joints dont have play then done worry about them.
Daaammmnnn what the hell for? The fronts I got for $60 each with bushings installed oem replacements mine just came in today. I think my rears are making noises, so that is why I want to replace them with arms that have bushings already installed instead of torching out the old ones.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Don't need to torch anything. Just press them out.

Unless there is play in them then thee not making noise.

The lower arm bushings will make noise tho.

And the 60$ arms you got are not the same quality as toyotas.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
They are Beck/arnley from what I researched on them they are OEM quality parts the more expensive stuff is AC Delco and Moog didn't have any in stock or something.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
same stuff, i personally am not a huge fan of moogs balljoints i prefer raybestos'. but id go for the delcos, who i am surprised still make it.

moog tries to compensate for poor ball joint design with a spring. whereas raybestos compensates with a better ball seat on the ball itself. either way..

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I've heard Moogs are really good and Raybestos suspension parts are not great but their rotors apparently are great, which is what I also have lol.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I just finished pricing all this stuff out using Toyota OEM (stateside pricing)...

1 TOYOTA 48068-14051 ARM SUB-ASSY F SUSPENSION LOWER NO.1 RH $193.64
1 TOYOTA 48069-14051 ARM SUB-ASSY F SUSPENSION LOWER NO.1 LH $193.38

cheapest I could find...

I would recommend not going with anything other than OEM bushings (unless you have a specific reason not to) because they have a tendancy to squeak on the control arms if they are tight like Energy...

I have been doing a LOT of research because I have to basically redo all my front and rear lower control arms as well as the tie rods.