Front facing Intake manifolds

What type of front facing intake would you buy?

• Short runner style flanged for Q45 TB

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • Long runner style flanged for Q45 TB

Votes: 24 27.3%
  • Long runner style flanged for stock TB and stock alt location

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • Not interested

Votes: 9 10.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sao1

Feb 15, 2006
Santa Rosa, CA
My idea of a FFIM has always been like Veilside and Virtual Works, but i guess we can always think outside of the box... ;)

Dutch7m

7m for live
Jun 3, 2007
The Netherlands
funky_monkey58;904907 said:
Correct the alternator is moving to where the ac is. I can make a short runner that keeps the alternator in its place, but it wont look as "clean" IMHO But since I love making stuff I'll make one anyway and post pictures:icon_bigg

-Sean

If you make one compelete with throttle body, let me now :icon_bigg

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
j3pz;906620 said:
can i ask what you mean by full out tb?

I meant with a Tb included in the deal. Not just flanged for a Q45 TB. I shall be fabbing up another short runner tomorrow and post pics. It will look worlds nicer than the prototype.

Thanks for all the interest guys!

-Sean

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
I have a slight technical update. The of the plenum on this is about 5 liters. Im still working on my alternator relocation so if your interested in one hold in there, I'm not going to jump the gun and sell something I wont stand behind.

-Sean Truax

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
Started on the non prototype version of my short runner This time there is much more attention to detail and not so much "hurry to get it done" I'm just about done with my design for the alternator relocation bracket and tensioner. So Im stopping by the machine shop tomorrow to get the ball rolling on throttle body flanges and ISC and CSI flanges. Price is still very undetermined so far. The more I have into them the more they will cost.
Heres a couple of pics from todays start on them.
p910470_1.jpg

p910470_2.jpg

Thanks for the interest,

-Sean

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
Midnight Dorifuta;910479 said:
Doesn't seem like it would benefit a GE much tremendously, eh...

For a ge I wouldn't suggest a short runner manifold. The flow pattern to all ports wouldn't be as good as stock. Just a guess.

roundfinger

Supramania Contributor
Aug 23, 2006
Pensacola, Florida, United States
I would be interested in either a short or long runner as long as the stock connectors are available, and i cant go w/o ac. Moving the batt to the back wouldnt kill me tho...
Cant wait to see the final versions and of course cost.

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
Dutch7m;911613 said:
sorry for the offtopic, but what is the bennefit of a longrunner ffim?

Low RPM torque? But most of the power comes on after the turbo kicks in so I don't know on these engines.

:Update machine shop has my plans for the isc flanges and some q45 throttle bodies. Will have them in hand friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.