Front camber question

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
So I know when you lower a supra the rear camber is going to change a bit. Well I fixed my front coils to go lower and now my driver side tire in the front is cambered in, while the passenger one is fine. Am I just missing something or do I have to correct something? Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the front tires didn't camber by themselves.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Front tires will naturally generate negative camber, when you lower a car. That is usually how that works after all... Like Nick suggested, take it to a good alignment shop, have it checked out. Be prepared for some headaches as well, it's not uncommon for adjustment bolts, particularly in the rear, to be stuck after all this time. Same goes for front ball joints, they tend to be in need of replacement at this stage in life. :)

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
te72;1786804 said:
Front tires will naturally generate negative camber, when you lower a car. That is usually how that works after all... Like Nick suggested, take it to a good alignment shop, have it checked out. Be prepared for some headaches as well, it's not uncommon for adjustment bolts, particularly in the rear, to be stuck after all this time. Same goes for front ball joints, they tend to be in need of replacement at this stage in life. :)

True,I do plan on replacing the ball joints and other suspension here soon, and thanks for the response. I am going to raise the driver side up a bit to see what happens. Cause right now it doesn't match with the passenger side.