Front and Rear Sub Frame Bushing Selection

leftynridge

Aug 30, 2009
dayton, ohio
Hey guys I would like to replace all the bushings for the front and rear sub frames. I already have a set of st front and rear sway bars with bushings, and plan on purchasing Beech Performance control arm, toe arm, traction arm, and adjustable ends which come with bushings. So what other bushings will I need to completely replace all of the bushings? I was considering going with RK poly bushings. Thanks

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
RonnieK is the only person I'm aware of who currently makes proper poly bushings for the subframes. There was an unobtainium nylon full car kit floating around awhile back, not sure whos hands its in now; though nylon's are much stiffer than most poly.

leftynridge

Aug 30, 2009
dayton, ohio
I am aware of who makes the bushings. I'm just trying to figure out what other bushings that I will need outside the items that I have listed above as purchased or plan on purchasing. I just don't want to buy bushings in a complete kit that I may not need. For example the RK complete kit includes sway bar bushings but I will not need them since I all ready have st sway bars.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
From your description of what you already have it looks like the ones remaining that are made are (if anyone noticed I missed some please point them out):

Front upper and lower control arm bushings
Strut caps
Strut rod bushings
Front subframe bushings
Rear subframe bushings
Steering rack bushings

Heres Ronnies list from HPF http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/partdetails/RK/Suspension/Bushings//7814

Not sure if HPF stocks them or if they're a made to order thing, however it dosent look like they have a listing for the subframe bushings. I know George at RaptorRacing stocks the front and rear Subframe kits aswell as the steering rack bushings.

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
Oem's come mostly with the arms, cannot be bought separatelly=$$ Only the rear metal "bushings" are needed from toyouta.
Energy front and rear, RK subframe, damper, rack bushings.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Hm, odd. Must have been something off with the site I was going off of.

What were the rear metal bushings you were refering to in your previous post? Would like to do up a total conversion cost chart with all the various parts.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I'm going to start making the table in this post, It will contain which of the various bushings are available and from who, also current prices if I get enough time. Might have to make two charts.

If I'm missing any manufacturers or bushings please let me know, and provide a link if you can.

Bushing Type / ManufacturerSuperProEnergy BushingsRonnieKOEM
Upper Front Control ArmYesYesYesYes
Lower Front Control ArmYesYesYesNo
(must get complete arm)
Strut RodNoNoYesYes
Strut CapsNoNoYesYes
Rear Control Arm/RodsNoYesYesYes
Sway Bar FrontYesYesYesYes
Sway Bar RearNoYesYesYes
Steering RackNoNoYesYes
Front SubframeNoNoYesYes
Rear SubframeNoNoYesYes
Rear Control Arm to SpindleNoNoNoYes
Rear Strut Rod to SpindleNoNoNoYes

Last edited:

leftynridge

Aug 30, 2009
dayton, ohio
Canuckrz;1646841 said:
I'm going to start making the table in this post, It will contain which of the various bushings are available and from who, also current prices if I get enough time. Might have to make two charts.

I'm going to attempt to make it out of html so it might take me a little while to get going (also learn how). If not I'll just do it the old fashioned way in excel.

If I'm missing any manufacturers please let me know, and provide a link.

Bushing Type / ManufacturerSuper ProEnergy BushingsRonnieKOEM
Front Upper Control ArmYesYesYes---
Front Lower Control Arm
Strut Rod
Strut Caps
Rear Control Arm/Rods
Sway Bar

I think that will be very helpful for people in the future trying figure out the same questions that I had.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
ValgeKotkas I have a picture of those bushings up on my parts screen, but am at a loss as to what one would call them, spindle bushings perhapse? And can anyone confirm that Ronnie dosent make them?

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
They are full metal, search them on forums, people talk about them :) So no, Ronnie can't do them, only ones that are OEM deal.
They are called Bush, RR Suspension and Bush Assy, Lwr B on the invoice, so idk...