Front A-arm ABS sensor wire brackets

supradjza80

Mr. Formula SAE
Apr 24, 2007
Appleton, WI
www.uwracing.com
Guys,

I am just wondering what others have done to replace these brackets when the wire separates from the bracket? I contacted Curt at Elmhurst Toyota and would have to purchase a new ABS sensor to get the brackets so that is not going to happen...:nono:

I am thinking about Zip tying them on but was wondering if someone has found a better way to do it that isn't ghetto.

Thanks,

Dave

Last edited:

supradjza80

Mr. Formula SAE
Apr 24, 2007
Appleton, WI
www.uwracing.com
I will try to take some pictures. Basically there is a bracket that goes around the front part of the front upper A-arm and holds the ABS wire sensor to keep it away from the spinning wheels etc. Mine have started rusting and on one side the wire is no longer held down and Toyota does not sell the brackets separately from the sensor.

Edit:

aarm_bushing_1h.jpg

it is the bracket that is normally attached where the little knob is on the left side of the a-arm.

5408710008_large.jpg

in this pic you can see where the bracket should be, looks like this guy just electrical taped the wire down.

Last edited:

C.44

Apr 7, 2005
Behind the keyboard...
I'm looking for a solution to this too, but i'm afraid to use zipties with these wires. If they get any chance to move around they will eventually wear enough to show the copper in the sensorwire.