from red to white!

what would you have paid for this 87 5spd turbo supra?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
well ,

i picked up a new car, well she's a bit older then im used to but definitly worth it's weight to me

im going to lower her down and get the windows tinted asap, after she passes emissions.

well here's some pictures i took tonight, i'll get alot better one's tomorrow :love:

front shots :

p692827_1.jpg

p692827_2.jpg

p692827_3.jpg

weird side angle, i guess i was looking at the flush gas door :p

p692827_4.jpg

picture of the rear of the car, Note; when ever the batt is hooked up rear tails are ON, i suspect either the brake light switch is stuck or maybe he wired a ground to the switch area and it's keeping the lights on?
p692827_5.jpg

dang car is stock every where!

p692827_6.jpg

umm it says it's a stock turbo 5spd w/ 3.91 lsd sport package with tems,
p692827_7.jpg

here's some interiar shots.

p692827_8.jpg

and a few more from the same spot.

p692827_9.jpg

p692827_10.jpg

back seats. no tears :)

p692827_11.jpg

p692827_12.jpg

p692827_13.jpg

front passenger seat.

p692827_14.jpg

p692827_15.jpg

shot of both front seats.

p692827_16.jpg

p692827_17.jpg

Dash view

p692827_18.jpg

p692827_17.jpg

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
plaaya69 said:
Looks very nice:love:.

when i found this supra, i wasn't actualy looking to buy another one,

i was actualy looking into finding a cleaner mkii for a drift car, the mkii i have needs paint bad but has decent seats.

any how i stumbled across this add in craigslist , left a message, and got a call the next day, went out to just take a look at her , and when i got there i was stunned by her looks,

the paint was still in near perfect condition and so was the interier, i decided on the way home that i needed to get a car fax, and it came back with 3 owners, and has been an oregon car all it's life,
a few hours later after looking at funds, i gave the previous owner a call back and let him know i'll be coming by today to pick her up.

it was smooth, she started right up after a jump (bad batt) and i couldn't tell she was running she was so quite,

clutch felt good,
seller said the clutch was having some problems, shifting was tough,

reality is she shifted very smooth for a r154 and i was quite surprized i liked his shift knob and also the shorter shifter mod he did,

i'll let you guys know what i paid for her soon enough and the pro's and cons

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Not bad, looks to be in similar condition my 89 was when I bought it. Mine was absolutely stock and unmolested, mint interior, 90kmiles but after working on it, taking it apart several times, I noticed the underside is a bit rusty, and bolts are hard to work with. Also found a hole in my spare tire well:icon_mad:

If I were to buy another the whole underside, subframe, suspension components would be the first thing I looked for at the body. That would make the difference to me whether it was worth 2,000 or 4,000+

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
thanks guys!

so far the cons i have found :

brake lights dont shut off,

head light switch is broken "doesn't click"

small rust chips on passenger fender,
paint flakin on driver mirror,

and rear carpet looks like crap in the cargo..

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
well i just took her for a spin,

she starts right up, but the brake light does stay on so i need to pull the battery cable :aigo:

the owner said the car over heats and probaly has a bhg, but driving her around today i couldn't get it to over heat, and she doesn't gugle or have bad oil, or burn coolant.

i did notice the heater core hose fromt he top of the block to the valve has a crack, and i moved stuff around and looked for a water leak i found her.

i guess for those who read, i'll spill the beans,
i picked this car up for 700 and trailored her home faster then i could hope.

like i said, didn't think i was going to buy another one, but at this deal i was convinced to buy the car before i ever heard it run

but i do need to call toyota soon enough!

time to get her smogged before i dump my motor into her :)

dang.,., i just cant get this smile off my face today

ps, definitly a new build thread :biglaugh:

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
CryoSlash said:
not fair, i guessed 2000, before you said it had a BHG. i want my vote back :icon_razz

well i dont think it has a BHG tho.

the owner thought, cause he maybe fought with it over heating? and didn't have the cash to keep getting it maintained?

he said that he did buy a new car before this car broke, he started leting his younger brothers drive the car. and i think when they said it keep over heating that he first thought bhg..

who knows im going to do a block check soon or ph test :icon_bigg and a compression test.

basicly see if i can pass smog before i put my motor in :biglaugh:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
get a wheelskins for your steering wheel (I have one, and I LOVE it)

get a new e-brake boot

fix the brake switch, betcha it's bad...

fix those spark plug wires!

other than that, it was a steal. Overhating is easy with a leak int eh coolant system (no pressure = boiling), do a compression test to make sure, but you MIGHT have dodged the BHG bullet...for now

I notice you said a bit of rust, GET IT CHECKED OUT BEFORE IT SPREADS!

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
it's on the fender looks like maybe a studded belt sat down??

im thinking about finding another fender, but i'll check paint matching first, maybe my neibor would give me a hand at fixing it.

i have some things up my sleeves :evil2: