friend hit my car need to vent

91supran/a

Offical BAMF!
Dec 10, 2007
Sterling, Virginia, United States
so just hit 3000 miles on my rebuild today feeling really good about myself since i did the build myself... blah blah hanging out at a friends house after my evening class and its been raining its ass of for 4 days here so they all have lifted 4x4s and wanted to go muding and i jumped in my friends truck who was parked in front of me but on the other side of the driveway... so were backing up in his giant F350 and i completly forgot bout my car being there then bam bam and we both went fuck! get out and my carbon fiber hood is split headlight asembly ( allready half broke) was laying on the ground core suport is bent so bad it pushed the batery into the fuse box and broke the lid off bent the fender up hood wont close after i opened it...
i will post up pics tomorow...
ive known the guy for a long time and dont know if i wanna be mad or not... the guy is gonna pay for all the parts he does body work for a living so his gonna paint the whole car for me and thats that... sorry to make a thread for this but im hating life right now....

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
At least the guy seems nice enough...I know a few people who would just say..."Uh sorry bout that" and then walk off...

Goodluck...when your baby is hurt...you hurt too I know man!

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
91supran/a;1623066 said:
(...)
i will post up pics tomorow...
ive known the guy for a long time and dont know if i wanna be mad or not... the guy is gonna pay for all the parts he does body work for a living so his gonna paint the whole car for me and thats that... sorry to make a thread for this but im hating life right now....

89nasupra;1623071 said:
sucks man. at least he is going to fix it for you and paint the whole car.

He took something from you by accident, and he's gonna make it up to you by giving everything back except some of your time/car downtime, which is the most anyone can (and the most I've heard someone willing to) do. Don't be mad at him :)

91supran/a

Offical BAMF!
Dec 10, 2007
im not mad dident sleep at all last night now i just gotta figure out what to tell my parents and how im gonna get to work while its down... its my DD and yes its the grey one akito pics will b up tonight to show damage
yeah he said he would paint the car since he cant aford a new hood for it since i still have the stock one ill just throw that on there... and he said he will do all the prep work take all the trim mirrors bumpers and moldings off so theres no tape lines... one piece of glass clear coat.. and then he said he will split a hood with me later on down the road so i see a cowl induction in the works for my car...

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
91supran/a;1623144 said:
im not mad dident sleep at all last night now i just gotta figure out what to tell my parents and how im gonna get to work while its down... its my DD and yes its the grey one akito pics will b up tonight to show damage
yeah he said he would paint the car since he cant aford a new hood for it since i still have the stock one ill just throw that on there... and he said he will do all the prep work take all the trim mirrors bumpers and moldings off so theres no tape lines... one piece of glass clear coat.. and then he said he will split a hood with me later on down the road so i see a cowl induction in the works for my car...

waiting on the pictures :)

91supran/a

Offical BAMF!
Dec 10, 2007
sorry guys forgot been working on it :p

i got one pic right now give me a few

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

p1624441_1.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

how it used to look
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?123769-89-turbo-build-and-bhg-repair

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Could have been alot worse, but your friend is a real friend, good on him to make it up to you.

But, this goes as a lesson to always be aware of your surroundings... and no offense to your friend, but in Calgary, almost every jacked up truck is poorly driven; one may as well just pull over and let them go ahead, otherwise you're likely to get run over: either out of spite or the driver simply isn't able to see you due to his ego or visibility issues.