friday night street drags

nacho8705

Nov 8, 2008
Spokane, WA
I will be there for sure. Me and my friend always have grudge races out there. He actually is a previous owner of your car, before it was crashed. He gave up on supras and bought a G35. I rub it in his face every time I beat him down the track. Hope to see you out there.

dpsupra

Nov 3, 2010
spokane washington
i will defanitley be there. i was gonna do a whole rebuild but money issues have put a hold on that. so i am gonna do a head gasket and arp head studs. and i will slowley add stuff. it will be running for the first night of racing.

dpsupra

Nov 3, 2010
spokane washington
iam not sure yet. i was gonna do a metal but cant afford to have the block done. that chris kid i got the car from wasent even sure what thickness he used. if you know of a good one or what thickness that would be helpful.

nacho8705

Nov 8, 2008
Spokane, WA
Depends on what Chris did to it. Stock head gasket is 1.3mm IIRC, but if he took some off the head or block (or both) you might be looking more towards a 2.0mm or somewhere in between. Im pretty sure Felpro and Cometic make gaskets, even a stock toyota gasket would work if you are torquing it down with ARP's.

dpsupra

Nov 3, 2010
spokane washington
i have been looking at the cometic gaskets. cylinder head service said they might be able to get a thickness off of it. i will be definatly be using arp head studs. the car has been sitting for a while tore apart. is there a good book i can get somewhere beacouse i am not sure i am gonna remember what plugs in to what when i put it back together lol.

nacho8705

Nov 8, 2008
Spokane, WA
IJ.;1324260 said:
Seen this question asked on many occasions, here's the HG's for dummies version ;)

1) Stock HG = 1.37mm compressed

2) Stock head = 116mm deck to valve cover surface

3) Stock block = 198.5mm from deck to main bearing saddle

If 2 and 3 are less that amount needs to be added to 1 to retain the stock compression ratio and squish/quench.

Hope this helps