frankenstein motor?

mike86supra

Nov 26, 2008
connecticut
Sup guys? I have 2 7mgte motors. One is from a '90 that has a melted piston # 4.. Needs to get bored over .020. The other is from a engine depot i got from Canada 2 years back. I'd like to see if it is at all possible to put them both together to have one working engine with the '90 electronics. I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem if I used the long block Canada motor with everything else '90. I just want to be positive before i start doing anything. I've been looking for research but haven't come along anything yet.. I don't have funds to bore out the '90 motor, the head is badly warped also. I'd like a stock running 7mgte with the bolt-ons that came with the car. While that is going I'd like to save up and build a monster out of the other block that will be laying around.

mike86supra

Nov 26, 2008
connecticut
All I know is that it cranks.. I also have an 87 with a bad wiring harness, that's how I know. Thinking it'd be fine with the 90 electronics, since the 90 motor with the melted piston started up and ran

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
What year is the car?

Some sensor plugs are different between the years but not many. Also the body plugs and Ecu plugs are different between pre and post.

Jdm motors just have block off plates for the egr. And there Ecu is tuned for No egr.

mike86supra

Nov 26, 2008
connecticut
The year of the car is '90. Came with a bad motor. I had originally bought a 7mgte for this '87 I have that I was going to build up, until I got the 90 which is in better condition. When I bought the turbo motor for it, it didn't come with a yr or anything. No ecu, cut harness, etc. I was just planning on plugging and playing as 1J said... Don't think it came with an egr, I'd have to check that out.

Thanks guys