found a 85 corolla

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
if it was a gts model.. then jump all over it. but as already said its probably the sr5 model... by the time you get it to gts status you'll be in too deep and not worth it.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
Jeff Lange said:
Depends, if you're going to change out everything anyways, having a GT-S means nothing, because you're swapping stuff out anyways.

true... so dirtlord420, what plans would you have for it if it was yours?

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
You can put in pretty much anything you want in there, it all depends how much work and $$$ you want to invest. Here's my buddy'd test chassis...Looks like crap because we're just trying to test fit everything and make it work. Once is complete, then we'll take care of the cosmetics...

Ninja edit: BTW, this is a 7MGTE is case you didn't know :D. The car runs and drives as well.

IMG_2519_SMALL.jpg

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
Kai said:
Wouldnt a 1G-GTE slot nicely into this? 2.0 litre twin turbo may suck in something as heavyass as a Mk3, but the Corolla is considerably lighter, no? :)
its been done. there was a car in super street with that exact conversion. They were joking around on how cheap they got the motor, which came no surprise to me :rofl:

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
N00b you really should think before you speak....a v12 is far too large to squeeze in there - even an I6 is a tight fit. Plus, where are you going to find the 1GZ from the Toyota Century??

As for the 1G-GTE, its not a bad engine, its just that in the Supra, its underpowered. They've become popular for squeezing into Lexus IS200's as well :D