For those of you with a 4" turbo inlet: what filter do you use?

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Just wondering what my options are.
I've been trying to find something like an Apexi or Blitz, but cant seem to find any that will clamp onto a 4" intake pipe. I see spectre filters, but dont really think those are the best quality. Any suggestions?

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
HA! I'm running a spectre filter until I find a better one that fits correctly (4" dryflow, please!) Not the best, but it's sure a heck of a lot better than nothing at all!

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
Using a 4x7 AEM Dryflow here, picked it up for about $55 shipped on ebay. No problems with mine slipping off or anything as emerica experienced.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I was hoping to find a filter that doesn't require oiling, but as i won't be using the oem maf anyway,
i'm not opposed to a K&N style unit.

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
supraguy@aol;1942990 said:
I was hoping to find a filter that doesn't require oiling, but as i won't be using the oem maf anyway,
i'm not opposed to a K&N style unit.

Get the Spectre and call it a day! My intake and overall evaluation of how it performs leads me to believe that it is comparable to K&N. If it has to be a top tier name get the K&N. Trust me you won't be dissatisfied with the Spectre filters look and function. It filters and allows the car to breathe, and looks attractive as well! It is not like motor oil where you really need quality top brand name. EXxon, Mobil, Shell all seem to get deliveries from one refiner, and badge their name on the gas at the pump. IMHO Spectre copied K&N's build and similar quality and badged their name on it.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Get a aem dry flow filter. You can get them in different sizes and lengths. Great filter. I run a 4in one on my 1j

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I may get the AEM, actually.
But im glad to hear that Spectre is a decent alternative.

I was looking at this one.

p1943228_1.jpg

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
supraguy@aol;1943228 said:
I may get the AEM, actually.
But im glad to hear that Spectre is a decent alternative.

I was looking at this one.

p1943235_1.jpg

Thats the one I bought, and didn't work. I have a bead on my intake pipe, so that is why it doesn't work. It wants to pop off. If you would like to buy one, Ill sell you mine ;)

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
I still have an AFM. It's a Lexus AFM, but something like this still ought to fit.

I needed to grind out a couple of the bolt holes for mine and get it to fit correctly, but it's been fine for a good long time now.

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
hvyman;1943254 said:
I have a bead as well and stays on.

Do you have it clamped on? When I put it on it would stay, but when I tightened my clamp it wanted to pop off. Also couldn't force it past the bead, so I didn't end up using it. I tried and tried to get that to work, but it just wouldn't lol.