Fix the 1JZGTE head flow problems

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
Why not put a 2JZGTE head on a 1JZGTE? Honestly the recent dynos of several 1JZGTEs says there is no headflow problem, but hey... it will work, i wonder what the results would be.

Using a JDM throttle body will fix the TPS issue

Boostage

Oct 4, 2006
Florida
Ric said:
Why not put a 2JZGTE head on a 1JZGTE? Honestly the recent dynos of several 1JZGTEs says there is no headflow problem, but hey... it will work, i wonder what the results would be.

Using a JDM throttle body will fix the TPS issue

scratch.gif

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Yeah he was doing two things. He put his 1jz head on the 2jz block and I think he put the 2jz head on the 1jz block. I wouldn't swear to it in court, but I think that's what he did.

Boostage

Oct 4, 2006
Florida
suprahero said:
Yeah he was doing two things. He put his 1jz head on the 2jz block and I think he put the 2jz head on the 1jz block. I wouldn't swear to it in court, but I think that's what he did.
WTF are u guys talking about? was this a followup to an old thread?

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
if you are going to throw a 2jz head on a 1jz, then why not slap the bottom end in as well. that will fix the torque problems :rofl:

supraracer49

3rd Gen Life
Nov 20, 2006
WNC
This proves that for our MK3's if you have the funds to do a 2JZ head or block you should just go 2JZ. Most of the reason for people going 1JZ is cause its way cheaper and thats why I did a 1J instead of a 2J. A 2JZ is superior to a 1JZ in everyway because of the technology Toyota had at the time. I'm just saying this mix and match to me is just a waste of money.

Boostage

Oct 4, 2006
Florida
supraracer49 said:
A 2JZ is superior to a 1JZ in everyway because of the technology Toyota had at the time. I'm just saying this mix and match to me is just a waste of money.

15mm more throw on the crank, holy shit your right thats alot of technology. must have taken Toyota ages to figure out how to engineer crank to be half an inch bigger.:rolleyes:

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Use a ge head due to the flow problems on the gte head because toyota made for the stock twin manifolds.. the ge head is much better exhaust port setup for a nice single turbo..

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
GE heads flow better than GTE heads stock vs. stock with the 2J.

After receiving the wrong turbo (ordered P68, received a 60-1, how the hell do you fuck that up?), I put the project on hold until I get back from Iraq. There are some problems.

You have to use the 2J-GE waterneck from the waterpump or custom, which is also slightly different. The 2J-GE head is designed to use this waterneck to keep the heat out and flows differently than a GTE head. If you have a 2J-GE engine, you can see what I'm talking about. Now taking a 1JZ-GTE block and 2J-GE head, you can no longer use this piece, and a custom fabbed one needs to be used because the block height is 2cm shorter and it will no longer fit. Simply closing this port off may cause unfavorable heating conditions in the head.

2JZ-GTE heads would be better for fitment IMO, as well as a larger variety of manifolds.

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
I think a 2JZGTE head on a 1JZGTE with cams, porting, etc... would be amazing.

I have my reasons to love the 2.5 liters of a 1JZGTE, just the simple smooth power and good sounding motor mainly, but the 1JZGTE head is something less desirable when it comes to choice of aftermarket.

Sure yeah, I could port the fuck out of it, get special order cams, custom made intake manifold, etc....

Or I could get a stock 2JZGTE head with 264 cams, a nice aftermarket intake manifold, dime a dozen fuel rails, etc... and revv the PISS out of the 1JZGTE with a nice 74mm turbo and run 9's all day long with the autp and a 3500 stall with 2step.

Then again this setup isn't really needed either, as it's proven the 1JZGTE can make over 800whp with basic head work.

The guy that did 850whp on his 1JZGTE with a GT45 turbo on 30psi with no nitrous, is right on par with 2JZGTE's. In fact, he was the highest HP car at the supra meet. A GT45 turbo is comparable to a T78, and on a equally built 2JZGTE, a T78 also does around 850whp @ 30psi.

tissimo

Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Ric said:
I think a 2JZGTE head on a 1JZGTE with cams, porting, etc... would be amazing.

I have my reasons to love the 2.5 liters of a 1JZGTE, just the simple smooth power and good sounding motor mainly, but the 1JZGTE head is something less desirable when it comes to choice of aftermarket.

Sure yeah, I could port the fuck out of it, get special order cams, custom made intake manifold, etc....

Or I could get a stock 2JZGTE head with 264 cams, a nice aftermarket intake manifold, dime a dozen fuel rails, etc... and revv the PISS out of the 1JZGTE with a nice 74mm turbo and run 9's all day long with the autp and a 3500 stall with 2step.

Then again this setup isn't really needed either, as it's proven the 1JZGTE can make over 800whp with basic head work.

The guy that did 850whp on his 1JZGTE with a GT45 turbo on 30psi with no nitrous, is right on par with 2JZGTE's. In fact, he was the highest HP car at the supra meet. A GT45 turbo is comparable to a T78, and on a equally built 2JZGTE, a T78 also does around 850whp @ 30psi.
The money put into getting a 2jz head and aftermarket crap for it can be put into the 1j head and be made better then the stock 2j head probably.. Intake manifolds are a little bit custom to get to work, but can modify the ebay verson to fit im sure.. i'm not sure how much room there is on a SC but it might fit, I know it his the Brake booster on the mkiii, but even an aftermarket 2j manifold is close to the brake booster on the mkiii.. (sean had to modify his greddy manifold to fit the mkiii, and its one of the smallest manifolds out there im pretty sure).

Just my 2c...

isn't the gt45 a 78 or a 80mm turbo?

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
GT45 is 80mm, I compared it to the T78 cause well.. that's damn close and thats a very common turbo on 2JZGTE's. I've seen alot of T78 2JZ's around orlando not even hit 800whp.

The China intake manifold should fit the SC300, it's a little more spread out then the MKIII. It fits a 1JZGTE swapped 240 with just a hammer tap. I was doing some measuring and it looks like it will fit no problem on the SC. I was supposed to run it, but as all things went with my car, the mods stopped when I got married.

tissimo

Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
I havn't seen very many 78 2j cars around.. Most just step up to gt47 t6s 80+... Unless your talking greddy t78 which is WAY smaller (only ~67mm inducer).. Hell a greddy t88 is only like a 71mm

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
You know guys, all this complaining about 1JZGTE's... and yet people average 500whp with ebay shit and easily get 700-800 with basic mods.

How many other engines in the world are there where you can buy a stock $1000 engine without taking off the head with stock internals, slap on a turbo, fuel, and some aftermarket cams, and put down 700whp?

I can't think of any other complete $1000 engine swaps in the WORLD that can do what the 1JZGTE can do with just bolt ons!