First Fresh Build. Won't Start!!!

suprastroker88

Supra Tuner
Jul 16, 2008
Bay Area, CA
so my friend dave came by this morning and we've went through every procedure and check measure possible. so we've came down to the point that we are about to re-install the stock injectors and see what comes of it

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Do you have a lexus AFM installed? It's needed for the 550's to work with the stock ECU without running stupid rich! Congrats on getting it running though!

suprastroker88

Supra Tuner
Jul 16, 2008
Bay Area, CA
i had a lexus AFM on. i think the injectors were stuck open or something. i dont know. but the car wouldnt even start with the RC's in. But we put the stock injectors back in and it started right up

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Be sure to put the stock AFM body back on before driving at all- it will be running lean without the 550 injectors!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
The lex afm housing would not be the culprit of the 550s not working. Its only needed to match the 25% increase in fuel with the 550's. It uses the same electronics as the stock afm and most people just switch the electronics.

Thats strangely odd that the rc injectors didnt work and all of them at that. I would send them to rc or at least talk to them.

Are you sure the wiring for the clips was good? Its stupid easy i know. Its doesnt matter which wire you wire each too either,

suprastroker88

Supra Tuner
Jul 16, 2008
Bay Area, CA
hvyman;1703024 said:
The lex afm housing would not be the culprit of the 550s not working. Its only needed to match the 25% increase in fuel with the 550's. It uses the same electronics as the stock afm and most people just switch the electronics.

Thats strangely odd that the rc injectors didnt work and all of them at that. I would send them to rc or at least talk to them.

Are you sure the wiring for the clips was good? Its stupid easy i know. Its doesnt matter which wire you wire each too either,

yes. my friend Dave is great at wiring. And he always triple checks his work. I am going to send them to RC and see what they say about them. I'm just glad that my car runs finally lol