Finally some decent 1/4 mile times

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Randy,

Look into the Emanage Ultimate, it has an antilag feature like a 2 step. It has a ton of cool features. I posted a link in the piggy back sections of guys with 800rwhp and running some fast times. I'm going to buy this next month. can't wait.

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
suprahero;1075359 said:
What clutch and pressure plate combo are you running?
Are you running your 3.5" exhaust?

I am running the HorsepowerFreaks Bronze clutch, ACT HD PP and 6 puck,sprung hub Bronze disk.

Yes of course 3.5" BIC Thunder cat back with full 3.5" DP, with the watstegate running back into the main exhaust.

frontierguy25;1075692 said:
Randy,

Look into the Emanage Ultimate, it has an antilag feature like a 2 step. It has a ton of cool features. I posted a link in the piggy back sections of guys with 800rwhp and running some fast times. I'm going to buy this next month. can't wait.

I was running the Emanage Blue before, when I did 502 whp with the twin GT28R turbos, but I switched back to Mines ECU with SAFC. I was going to do a MSD DIS4 setup with 2-step, but thats almost half the price of a standalone, and to many piggy backs.....I will be installing a Microtech or Haltech stanalone unit, hopefully this summer before SILV 08'. So I will soon have a MInes Tuned ECU and SAFC for sale.

No racing this weekend, its 4x4/ camping time in my 4Runner.

Randy

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
i was going to post the MPH was low but didn't want to say anything I trapped 117 @ about 460-480 WHP.

13.1 but 117 haha 2 missed gears and a horrible 60 foot.

i trap 107-108 in my aristo at 380 whp.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Zazzn;1078422 said:
i was going to post the MPH was low but didn't want to say anything I trapped 117 @ about 460-480 WHP.

Why not say something? If you don't think it adds up the speak up and maybe some could learn. Right now, you learned to speak out! :biglaugh:

dirtbike44

Apr 4, 2008
calgary
This thread gives me hope.
My best friend is buying a skyline soon and we are going to have to compete. Nice times. I can't wait till next summer when my car is finished and i can get down to a track.

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
dirtbike44;1079513 said:
This thread gives me hope.
My best friend is buying a skyline soon and we are going to have to compete. Nice times. I can't wait till next summer when my car is finished and i can get down to a track.

yeah, well this skyline was stock with just the basic DP/E/I and up'd boost, so if your buddies getting a R32 then your gunna have to run almost the same amount of power as randy. but if its just a gt-s then you wont have a problem with basic mods:naughty:

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
arizzle;1079574 said:
yeah, well this skyline was stock with just the basic DP/E/I and up'd boost, so if your buddies getting a R32 then your gunna have to run almost the same amount of power as randy. but if its just a gt-s then you wont have a problem with basic mods:naughty:

I'm sure someone will race the R32.

dirtbike44

Apr 4, 2008
calgary
arizzle;1079574 said:

Haha well it is going to be an R32, and I've been in the one hes looking at right now. Stock for stock he would kick my ass. But over the winter ill be putting in a 2jz with as many modifications as i can afford by the time summer comes around. We will see what happens then. My inline six turbo can beat his:icon_evil

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
dirtbike44;1083855 said:
Haha well it is going to be an R32, and I've been in the one hes looking at right now. Stock for stock he would kick my ass. But over the winter ill be putting in a 2jz with as many modifications as i can afford by the time summer comes around. We will see what happens then. My inline six turbo can beat his:icon_evil

haha nice nice. its all good. well yeah im going with a swap this winter also as my cars hit knocking but im not totally sure wut its gunna be but im also thinkin of the 2jz but the jdm dont make much Hp so im pretty set on the 1jz =), we will both see what happens :aigo:

dirtbike44

Apr 4, 2008
calgary
Oh yeah, i know someone who will sell me a 2jz for pretty cheap, so once i get the money and start buying it. Doesnt really matter to me that the JDM ones make less power, ill be putting on a big single turbo on instead of the ceramic twins. Also ill be rebuilding it so while im inside the engine ill be upgrading most things. Im pretty excited, it will be my first engine rebuild and swap but i have about 9 or 10 months to do it so im making sure i do everything right the first time. Do you have any plans for your 7m? Me and my friends want to attempt making a dune buggy hahaha.

Ronald

Oct 16, 2007
Cleveland OH
those are good times, better yet is to see your progression; you've come a long way in shaving your times down.

had me a bit concerned there when I read the first posts, making that much power and logging times up in 14s range... was worried maybe I should have kept my subie :cry:

Not to hijack though - but why don't JDM 2JZ's make as much power? Do you mean stock Aristo compared to stock USDM MKIV; therefore due to the turbo and injector size differences?

Otherwise I thought they were essentially the same engine with same WHP capabilities, after modding the fuel and going single turbo; the JDM 2JZ can make just as much power as USDM 2JZ, both on stock internals, same mods, no? I did not think there was anything diff about the internal structure, etc.

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
Ronald;1097030 said:
those are good times, better yet is to see your progression; you've come a long way in shaving your times down.

had me a bit concerned there when I read the first posts, making that much power and logging times up in 14s range... was worried maybe I should have kept my subie :cry:

Not to hijack though - but why don't JDM 2JZ's make as much power? Do you mean stock Aristo compared to stock USDM MKIV; therefore due to the turbo and injector size differences?

Otherwise I thought they were essentially the same engine with same WHP capabilities, after modding the fuel and going single turbo; the JDM 2JZ can make just as much power as USDM 2JZ, both on stock internals, same mods, no? I did not think there was anything diff about the internal structure, etc.

just out of factory those 2 differences. but yeah therefore everything is the same.

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
Ronald;1097030 said:

The JDM 2jz Cams are quite a bit less agressive, much like the 1jz cams from my research.

Jeremy

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
upgradedsupra;1078427 said:
Why not say something? If you don't think it adds up the speak up and maybe some could learn. Right now, you learned to speak out! :biglaugh:

didn't want to sound bashful and the man finally got to the track after so many years... I know how it is when you go and get less then you expected *cough* so i just wanted to stay quite ;)

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Zazzn;1102092 said:
didn't want to sound bashful and the man finally got to the track after so many years... I know how it is when you go and get less then you expected *cough* so i just wanted to stay quite ;)

Randy has been to the track many times a year...he's getting better too! :icon_bigg