Finally my new air guide! (pics)

Reg

Jul 16, 2010
Nashville, TN
Very pleased with shineautoprojects air guide insert. Special thanks to rodel for directing me on how to purchase this product.
Now I've heard of some people actually trying to mold the air guide into the bumper and not make it look like just a bolt on insert. Finally found a guy to tackle to job at hand and i believe it came out better than i expected.

Will add better quality of pics and at different angles!

p1833945_1.jpg

p1833945_2.jpg

p1833945_3.jpg

p1833945_4.jpg

jdemara

Apr 28, 2008
North Delta
Love it - looks great! How much did it end up costing you all together to get the air guide, and get it molded into your bumper?

Reg

Jul 16, 2010
Nashville, TN
I had them also refinish my header panel aswell, plus remove the emblem and fill/level it off. So by taking that out of the final equation, were in the ballpark of roughly 700. Now if i had of not been lazy and put it all back on myself i couldve saved an easy 200! Price wasnt too damaging for what has been done.

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
Looks good, I got mine waiting to be installed but I am debating whether to have it smooth like that or inserted and no fiberglass finish... Also it that an OEM lip? looks nice

Reg

Jul 16, 2010
Nashville, TN
oldsking;1834294 said:
Looks good, I got mine waiting to be installed but I am debating whether to have it smooth like that or inserted and no fiberglass finish... Also it that an OEM lip? looks nice

Yes indeed it is an oem lip. Im surprised it has held up all these years!

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
You know what pisses me off?
Just found out today that HPF no longer carries the oem JDM lip. Damnit. Shoulda bought one when I had the chance...

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
Looks good! I wanted this done to mine during the install but the shop advised against it because it may eventually crack all around? I'm having my car painted towards the end of the year. I may have this done if yours hold up fine :)

Fernando

Reg

Jul 16, 2010
Nashville, TN
RazoE;1834544 said:
Looks good minus the lip under the license plate...

I might mold mine now!

Yea my guy said it was really really tough cause it wasnt a perfect fit all around. The lip is barely bigger on the left side right under where the plate goes. Theres only so much you can do with fiberglass. But then again its all on who does the job.

Reg

Jul 16, 2010
Nashville, TN
RPSil13;1834436 said:
any details on what it took to mold it in? type of material used, etc?

thanks, looks awesome

Pretty much just took a bunch of measurements and fiberglassed around it on the outside. On the inside he said he used some type of special glue that molds and expands into a hard plastic. He put that all in the backside to reinforce the whole air guide into the bumper. Trimed any excess off, especially around the top side.