Finally got a Supra!

CalsonicGTR

Super Stock
Feb 5, 2008
Carbondale, Illinois
Hi everybody. I've been lurking here and trying to gain as much knowledge as I can. Over the weekend, I picked up my first Supra! Its a Dark Blue 1987 Turbo 5Spd with about 106k on the clock. The previous owner changed almost everything within the last year so I won't need to do much in terms of maintenence. The first goal on my list is to learn how to drive a stick (never touched one before) and I think I am starting to get the hang of it. Here are some pics from when I first saw the car. It has sawblades on it instead of the ones in the pics, I didnt want to pay the price that he wanted for em when I would rather get some 17"s later on down the line. Enjoy!

http://flickr.com/photos/14742005@N03/sets/72157604025840652/

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
Wow, it looks to be in great condition. Please keep it that way. If you have any questions about the SM, feel free to PM me.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Looks immaculate mate!

I noticed tou said you won't need to do much in terms of maintenance... Might I suggest you rethink that, and try and maintain the Supra religiously... Your car will thank you :)

Good luck with learning manual too!

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Ive heard if the car isnt driven hard and is baby theres a chance a BHG wont happen so drive it easy buddy =P

CalsonicGTR

Super Stock
Feb 5, 2008
Carbondale, Illinois
JDMMA70 said:
Ive heard if the car isnt driven hard and is baby theres a chance a BHG wont happen so drive it easy buddy =P
Fortunately, I hopefully wont have to worry about a BHG. The owner replaced it around 90k because he knew about the problems Supras have with head gaskets so he decided to get it out of the way. I just check to make sure that it is torqued correctly.

HommerSimpson said:
Find out if the head gasket has ever been changed.. an a retourqe @105k miles would not hurt..Very nice looking btw.. How much ?????$$$$
I paid 6k for it. I know some people would say I overpaid but I think that it will be well worth it.

Thanks for all the kind words! Nice to see a car forum with friendly people on it for once.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
CalsonicGTR;960615 said:
Fortunately, I hopefully wont have to worry about a BHG. The owner replaced it around 90k because he knew about the problems Supras have with head gaskets so he decided to get it out of the way. I just check to make sure that it is torqued correctly.

I paid 6k for it. I know some people would say I overpaid but I think that it will be well worth it.

Thanks for all the kind words! Nice to see a car forum with friendly people on it for once.

Thats why SupraMania is KING in my book!

Any plans for the car? The colour of your car matches the top colour of my car. Nice none the less.

90supradrvr

Feb 28, 2008
oak harbor, wa
nice ride. i need to post pics of mine i paid 4500 for mine and it had 98000 miles and the only thing wrong was the cruise dont work and the hood shocks were worn out so the guy propped it up w/a screwdriver and now i got a popped out dent

NewWestSupras

SoupLvr
Mar 1, 2006
White Rock
Nice looking car! Maybe some suspension upgrades?...makes a big difference on the roadhandling! Looks like a good car to start the long upgrade path with. Hope you have alot of great cruises in your new car.

CalsonicGTR

Super Stock
Feb 5, 2008
Carbondale, Illinois
I don't plan on doing anything insane for the near future. The first thing I'll be doing is general maintenance and do some upgrades to the sound system. Then I'd like to do suspension, wheels/tires, and intake/exhaust and see where I stand after that.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
upgradedsupra;960346 said:
Throw a big wing on it some neon lights and your good to go!

Welcome man :)

Duane

Don't listen to him mate, the valve on his NAWS kit has always been a bit loose :icon_razz

Nice car, welcome to SM.