FINALLY - Especially for JMDigital - LilMissMkIII's Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyMac

Mar 9, 2009
Canberra Australia
LilMissMkIII;1378183 said:
Wasn't the car bought in NSW and you therefore have to go over the pits at Dickson?

yep car was bought in NSW, but that doesnt mean you have to go over dickson.

you only have to attend dickson if your car has an engineers cert.

I bought be soarer from Terrigal and "thought" I had to go over dickson. I went there and got failed on a couple of things, then got told that I didnt have to take it there.

went to ultimate tunes in Phillip. They failed me on a light that was out and a tyre, changed both and got passed.

That was all passed with my 19's on the car and it was legally too low (not by a heap though)

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Wow ok.

I've been told otherwise, and thought if it was an interstate transfer you HAD to go over Dickson. (All the MkIV guys in the club have had to go to Dickson)

AndyMac

Mar 9, 2009
Canberra Australia
nope, only reason you have to is for the engineers.

I thought the same as you until I was told otherwise. I confirmed this with Ultimate Tunes before I went there.

Because they are a tuning shop, they just have a little more understanding and compassion when it comes to the mods on a car.

unless something sticks out as unsafe or illegal, they are pretty happy to pass cars like ours.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Andy - I wish I had known that! Even the ACT rego site says that all modified cars must go to Dickson, so I always assumed that was the case!

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Shawn - Yes it is a damn good one ;)

Dyno sheets will be provided when the new motor is in and tuned, and that will happen once I come up with the $5,700 needed.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Yeah, I went and got a quote and told him to quote me at the upper end so there were no surprises.

That figure involves the autronic itself, wiring and tuning, so it's not actually all that bad.

Mikael_7m

Built 7M
Apr 26, 2009
Australia
I had to go over the pits in dickson, but only because my car didnt have a compliance plate... some stupid guy from a shop i wont name thought my car was like 'illegal' and freaked out! fool!

AndyMac

Mar 9, 2009
Canberra Australia
i got one :)

that was the other requirement....

thats going to be some pretty sweet management though K!

if I was to upgrade I would be going that route.

I am trying to find a 2 step at the moment to go with my management for launching.

phillyd

Supramania Contributor
Oct 15, 2008
Auburn, AL
LilMissMkIII,

When you were getting your supra tuned with the MAP ECU and the HG blew...was that the stock HG? If yes, was it re-torqued?

Thanks!

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Not an update, but I am beyond excited about this, so needed to post!

Just picked up a HKS turbo timer - the exact same model as the one that was stolen from me when the car was stolen a few years back!

Haven't seen one for sale since then (2006), and thought I was never going to get a replacement, but one was posted today on the Australian forums and I snaffled it up quick!

supra027.jpg

:boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies:

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
LilMissMkIII;1417044 said:
Not an update, but I am beyond excited about this, so needed to post!

Just picked up a HKS turbo timer - the exact same model as the one that was stolen from me when the car was stolen a few years back!

Haven't seen one for sale since then (2006), and thought I was never going to get a replacement, but one was posted today on the Australian forums and I snaffled it up quick!

supra027.jpg

:boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies:

kinda would be funny if that was the exact same one that was stolen, albeit shitty at the same time

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Yeah, no way to tell for sure though. (I doubt it is though, as I am on the East Coast, and the one I am buying is from a JZA70 on the West Coast)

I'm just glad I have another one now! :D

Don't even know if it's going to go in the car, I just had to have it!

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Mikael 7M & AndyMac:

It looks like I'm moving over the border in the next month or 2... I'll need to pick your brains on how best to get my car registered in the ACT... Does no compliance plate mean I HAVE to go over the pits @ Dickson, or is there a way around that so I can just get an inspection done by an authorised station?

Car will be stock for registration (except for lowered springs, wheels, exhaust and Bomex kit).

Status
Not open for further replies.