Finally dynoed my car

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
I finished my rebuild 3 months ago after taking over 2 years to get it done. After putting 2000 miles on it i went to the dyno. We havent had a dyno in town for many years.

I only boosted 11 psi on my stock CT26. The turbo has 217,000 miles on it with no rebuilds. I will get a 57 trim upgrade soon. I will try to post the dyno chart.

The car made 248 hp to the wheels and 270 ft lb of torque. The boost was peaking 11 psi. The dyno is not a dyno jet but a dyno dynamics i believe which has a loaded drum so the numbers will be about 10 to 15% lower than a dyno jet.

The car is basically stock but for the regular items. All stock fuel system with a walbro pump. I have Ross pistons with a 9:1 compression ratio. I ported the head and the pistons and chambers have swain tech coatings. I have a spec R ebc installed. HPF 6 puck and fidenza flywheel.

Just makes you want to get the rest of the stuff and bigger turbo of course.

Attachments

• dyno 11 248 hp 2q.JPG
    dyno 11 248 hp 2q.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 60

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
"The car is basically stock but for the regular items." what mods do you have?
im trying to guesstimate my hp because i dont have a dyno here?
any one want to guess on mine at 12psi?

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
joel w. said:
"The car is basically stock but for the regular items." what mods do you have?
im trying to guesstimate my hp because i dont have a dyno here?
any one want to guess on mine at 12psi?

not to be an ass or anyhting but he listed the mods hes has:

All stock fuel system with a walbro pump. I have Ross pistons with a 9:1 compression ratio. I ported the head and the pistons and chambers have swain tech coatings. I have a spec R ebc installed. HPF 6 puck and fidenza flywheel.

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
Stuff everyone and their grandma has.

Have k&n ,super drager, ams dp and elbow, blitz spec R ebc, HPF bronze 6 puck, fidenza flywheel, act pp, ross pistons, swain tech gold coat and pc9 skirt coating, chambers coated. Ported the head myself which increased flow very well especially the low lift numbers. Irridium spark plugs, spearco IC and
pipes.

Stock injectors balanced, rods destressed - shot peened, and rotating assembly is balanced.

Other than the c/r, boost levels, and lightened parts the engine is stock basically.

Your hp would be guestimated to about 230 to 250 hp. Maybe 260 with the larger 50 trim wheel.

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
no prob, just wondering if there were other "regular items" not listed?? air filter, ic pipes ? whatever.. thanks

edited. thanks hal

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
yea i cant believe it lasted this long. It does have some play and it will leave a few drops of oil on the compressor end. For the first 8 or 9 years i owned the car i didnt boost but at stock levels and not that often.

I bought the car in 91 and didnt know you could mod it till about 98 or so when i found sogi.

On the dyno the a/f would stay at 11 to 10 at the higher revs.

Dustin

Nov 25, 2005
Cloverdale, BC
Thought I'd throw mine in the mix...

Supra-First-Dyno.jpg

'89 Turbo.

Only mods were an MBC and the shitty exhaust the last owner put on (Megan Racing DP, 2.25" crush-bend cat-back with glasspack and resonator)

Does that seem fairly accurate?

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
if its stock 230hp? why are these numbers so low? butt dyno always feels faster i guess... is stock hp taken at the crank?

edited.. looking at top 10 on 7mpower, the highest hp there uses stock intake? not the ffi?
that suprised me..

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
232 is at the crank and then the drivetrain is a power loss to the ground. then the resistance of inertia also eats up power.

The dynojet dynos do not load the drum so all wheel hp is shown on the graph but when you are on the road you will not have that much hp because of loosing hp just to overcome the weight of the car.
The dyno dynamic dynos have weighted drums and resistance from magnets to similate the resistance the car feels going down the road so their numbers are even lower than a dynajet. Dyna jet adds about 10 to 15% and the drive train loss of power is probably another 10 to 15 %. Some one may know exactly. So a crank hp on mine may be from 248 to the ground with a load to the crank hp of about 300 or so. Someone may know more on how to guess this crank hp from this chart.

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
ok im new to this so correct me if im wrong,,, i could take weight off the car and actually get higher hp #'s without adding any mods to the motor itself??

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
no your hp would be the same but your car will go faster cause it will free up hp that used to have to be used to overcome inertia that can now be used to make the car go a little faster.