Finally dropped my 1jz in my mk3

Falken

May 31, 2009
Los Angeles
Ok guys i finally drop my 1jz in my mk3... tranny, motor is all bolted on, now im just having some issues. since this is my first ever working on a car i have so many questions lol... i made alot of research and tried to learn some before i dropped my 1jz. my questions are;

How would i make my power steering work?

What kind of motor oil can i use for my 1jz?

What kind of oil filter can i use for my 1jz?

What kind of tranny oil can i use my r154?

If you guys have any more info about the 1jz that can help me out with my swap please note it out... something that i need to take care to make it run.

( Sorry about my English guys )

BTW im a happy new owner of a mk3 supra :) Pics will be posted later this week of my car...

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
u need a resivoir and lines and u could use the 7m ps cooler and just get a hose to reach from the pump to the cooler,
use a 2j oil filter
the oil for the r154 slips my mind at the moment but its the same oil as the 7m r154, a quick search and u can find it
i was running 5w30 oil in my old 1j...

guys correct me if i got anything wrong, its been awhile since i posted cuz i sold my supra, tryin to get back into one now...

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
Falken;1334495 said:
Ok guys i finally drop my 1jz in my mk3... tranny, motor is all bolted on, now im just having some issues. since this is my first ever working on a car i have so many questions lol... i made alot of research and tried to learn some before i dropped my 1jz. my questions are;

How would i make my power steering work?

What kind of motor oil can i use for my 1jz?

What kind of oil filter can i use for my 1jz?

What kind of tranny oil can i use my r154?

If you guys have any more info about the 1jz that can help me out with my swap please note it out... something that i need to take care to make it run.

( Sorry about my English guys )

BTW im a happy new owner of a mk3 supra :) Pics will be posted later this week of my car...

You'll never get it to run if you can't do some basic research on how to do it. I don't blame you for asking, you're new here. Use the search button.

RockPaperSwoRD

I have aCustom User Title
Jul 26, 2008
SanAntonio
7m, 1jz, 2jz engines all use the same oil filter, i suggest gettin a wix filter as its one of the best you can find. (NAPA filters are good also they are made from the same company)

in the r154 you should put 3 liters of redline mt90 get it at summitracing.com

mobil 1 synthetic 5w30 or German Castrol 0w-30 oil(best) make sure the label says made in germany on the castrol bottle

Falken

May 31, 2009
Los Angeles
RockPaperSwoRD;1334706 said:
7m, 1jz, 2jz engines all use the same oil filter, i suggest gettin a wix filter as its one of the best you can find. (NAPA filters are good also they are made from the same company)

in the r154 you should put 3 liters of redline mt90 get it at summitracing.com

mobil 1 synthetic 5w30 or German Castrol 0w-30 oil(best) make sure the label says made in germany on the castrol bottle

wow thanx for the great info :) i have one more question.... i took off the ac compressor pulley... what type of serp. belt can i use?