FFIM removes ISC Valve?

Yblegal91t

it finally runs!
Apr 22, 2006
C1 outer
Ive installed an FFIM that has the flange still for the isc and have it in place but i've noticed that other FFIM's dont have this. Can it be removed? if so, what needs to be done for this. I am running the maft-pro with speed density and wideband. thanks - Brad

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
several options.

some dont have it at all.

some the flange is mounted on the bottom so you cant see it.

some run a remote isc valve.

if you dont run one, you will have to let the car warm up to about 150F before driving, and you will have to set the idle a little higher (800 rpm or so)

Yblegal91t

it finally runs!
Apr 22, 2006
C1 outer
ok nice. thanks dbsupra for clearing that up for me.

Im just going to go ahead and make a block off plate for it. I'd really rather not have it unless there are other things left out besides just the warm up and upping the idle. Is there or does anyone know if there are other adjustments when removing this.

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
when you are running maftpro, do you need that hose that goes from the accordion hose to the isc? i have maftpro and was told i dont need it... but wanted to confirm. what does the air hose do?

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
sneakypete said:
when you are running maftpro, do you need that hose that goes from the accordion hose to the isc? i have maftpro and was told i dont need it... but wanted to confirm. what does the air hose do?

nope, dont need it. you can run an open filter (one of the k&n breather filters) on the isc. on our car, the throttle body is closed at idle. so there has to be some means of bringing air into the motor. thats what the isc does. it draws metered air in, so if you are running an afm you have to pull it from the accordian hose. if you are running a map sensor, you can just pull air in from the atmosphere.

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
what TB are you running? if you are keeping a stocker (not that you would want to) youll need to use a pre 89 since those have a base idle adjustment screw... like mine
l_0032148b59332eeab62572026aeee50c.jpg

i dont have an ISC and thats how i adjusted my base idle. it was too low. now its about 850. i have no cold start or high idle and i can drive away after my idle stablizes. i usually choose to feather the throttle so i force my idle to hover between 1000-1500 after "cold" start. once my oil pressure is up and my idle stabilizes on its own, i can head out.

you dont really need the ISC. i used to have a friend w/a BPU 7mgte, he blocked his off and still was able to operate his AC and PS just fine w/o stalling... and this was in an Auto car too.