FFIM Alternator drop down bracket as of today

Blah

Aug 2, 2013
France
Hi,

We are rebuilding a BHG 7MGTE on a nice 92 MK3, and we planned on getting a FFIM with an ALT relocation bracket to where the A/C used to be.
Now I've done some research and found out that a couple years ago, some people/companies used to manufacture an ALT DROP DOWN bracket, that would allow us to keep the A/C. I have tried to look around and found that the one LIPP used to make is "not for sale" anymore, and some good folks around here don't make these anymore either due to general lack of interest.
Anyway I was wondering if anyone knew of anybody or a company that would still either make or sell one.

Thank you very much.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
considered going to your local machine shop and have them make something for you? All you really need is a 3/4 thick bar of aluminum, approx. 3.5" wide and 5" long. Machine it into a y-shape to connect between the existing top alternator mounts.

Blah

Aug 2, 2013
France
Yes, this is a possibility we have considered. For now we were wondering if one of the pieces that have been made, are still made. I'm not sure how much it would cost to have one machined "here in France", as I have not done that myself before. My question, really, was "is there was one that was still for sale". Thanks!

Racingcok

Sep 18, 2010
California
Blah;1972611 said:
Yes, this is a possibility we have considered. For now we were wondering if one of the pieces that have been made, are still made. I'm not sure how much it would cost to have one machined "here in France", as I have not done that myself before. My question, really, was "is there was one that was still for sale". Thanks!

I have one if you're interested.
AltDropDownBracket3_zps509d7fbf.jpg