Few QUICK questions

noel

Uchiha Member
May 5, 2008
Miami, Florida, United States
research had lead me to believe that 7mgte comes from facory running:3d_frown: rich. My plan is tune the car without 550s and lex afm is that even possible? I have 3in exhaust from the turbo to muffler, intake, Greddy BOV, Aftermarket Interooler with 2.5in ic pipes, walbro fuel pump. so as it stands i can boost 12 psi with no fuel cut:naughty:. im not sure which safc or wideband to buy:1zhelp:. plus like i said i dunno if i can tune the car without 550s/lex:aigo:

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
without going to bigger injectors there not a whole lot that can be done at the point you are now. so really depends on power goals. that being said what is your power goals?

as for safc, any of the apexi units are good, safc, safc2 and neo all basically function the same, just the newer ones have more features for newer cars.

for wideband: inovative LC-1 or AEM are 2 of the best.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Is it possible? Sure, but if you're adding that much fuel through the tuning device, you're basicly fooling the ECU into thinking more air is entering the engine...lowering fuel cut. You have to add fuel somehow, so you either run ridiculous fuel pressure to try and make your stock injectors flow 550cc instead of 440cc, or you get the injectors.

Injectors are cheaper than repairing melted pistons....

noel

Uchiha Member
May 5, 2008
Powergoals ... honestly have no idea..that being said i guess i should just buy the 550cc/lex..than the safc will be useful. Where would be a good place to buy the 550cc? driftmotion has everything but im not to sure if they have the best prices

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Any car can/will benefit from a tune. Stock or not. A 7MGTE with an intake, exhaust, stock fuel system, and a tune is pretty peppy! You can absolutely tune a stock setup.

Have you modified and/or bypassed the J-Tube?

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
noel;1768732 said:
once i install the injectors and the lex i dont need a tune right away correct? i can boost safetly

still need a tune even with the lex/550's the AFR isnt exact so a tune is needed to get it right. you can run it untuned, but you run the risk of being to rich/lean, and you wont get the full power benifits of a tuned system

noel

Uchiha Member
May 5, 2008
CajunKenny;1768735 said:
Any car can/will benefit from a tune. Stock or not. A 7MGTE with an intake, exhaust, stock fuel system, and a tun...e is pretty peppy! You can absolutely tune a stock setup.

Have you modified and/or bypassed the J-Tube?

i havent touched the j-tube lol so nnoooo what am i suppose to do with the j-tube?...im soo confused....i can tune my car a little bit right now with an safc and wideband correct?? i am going to tune my current setup until i can build some money for other upgrades.

Last edited:

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Don't take offense to this; but, you would've been better off leaving the fuel system alone and installing a wideband and AFC. The only thing out of place with your current setup is the Walbro. Essentially, you have gained nothing performance-wise by installing it. At least you have a new pump! :)

In order to safely deliver fuel with a Walbro, the J-Tube either needs to be modified (hole drilled out) or bypassed with an AFPR. Without either, cavitation will occur. First order of business, drill out the J-Tube or install an AFPR to bypass it completely.

J-Tube: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?10893-What-s-this-J-Tube-mod&highlight=j-tube

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
Poodles;1768785 said:
550/lexus setup is safe without a tune. It will benefit from a tune, but it's not necessary.
+1
At the very least you need:
Walbro 255
Lexus afm
550/560 injectors
J tube drilled/bypassed
Good healthy engine