Few Questions+ Hitting Fuel Cut at 3500.....

Aug 15, 2008
Navan, Ontario
Hi everyone, i have and 87 Supra N/A with a turbo motor swapped in last winter, with wiring harness and ecu. Im running a BIC 3" ddp and custom 3" exhaust. Ever since i started driving the car i can here my boost building up, it starts pulling nice as i get 3500rpm, and then my car will hit fuel cut badly anywhere from 3500 to 4000 rpm. If i dont apply the throttle as much, as to not boost as quickly, i can squeeze out a few more hundred rpm's but then its not pulling as hard as it should be. I ran it for codes maybe a month ago and if i remember correctly the codes were 32, 34, and 52.

Note: I have replaced one of the knock sensors and tried to wire it into the old wire coming off the harness. I have installed a bov, which it tee'd off into some other vaccuum lines that and autoshop rigged up. Alot of the time my bov will not chirp as im coming off the throttle if i'm not full throttle, but im thinking this could possibly be because im driving my car throughout the winter with cold temperature below -15 degrees celsius...

Any help would be appreciated!!! I just want my car to run nice and smooth and not have to worry about hitting fuel cut all the time:1zhelp:

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Pull the EFI fuse under the hood, wait a minute. Put the fuse in again. Check codes. Report back.

You will most likely have to calibrate your TPS. You will need a multimeter. With the throttle screw all the way out and the plate fully closed, you should have between .2 to 1.2K ohms. I try and get it around .550-700. You will need to see what is best on your car. Check codes again, you should not have a Code 51.

To make this easier, and since I am a 7M guy, you should get an "S" shaped screwdriver to help you in not removing the idle control valve to do this. I use it all the time. I had to calibrate the TPS on a built 7M I sold that the idiot's son played with the TPS and broke it and did not know how to install the new one.

http://www.google.com/products/cata...ns4zTazsBI6E3gSoqty0Dg&sa=image&ved=0CAkQ8gI#

That is one possibility. You can also have a boost leak. Do you have a boost gauge, what is your vaccum reading at normal idle and operating temperature?

Aug 15, 2008
Navan, Ontario
My boost gauge hasn't worked since i installed the engine + turbo cluster. I think its cause there's a little white box on the back of the turbo cluster with a pigtail connection and i didn't have anything to plug into it since my car was originally a non-turbo.