few mysteries

jaybroncos30

Oct 9, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
found a few open connections hanging around, was like this when i bought the car, where are these supposed to go? There is nowhere to plug them in. The first two are by the passenger side wheel weel and the third is between the igniter and relay box, thanks. Oh and car is an 88 turbo auto and I can further explain the pics if needed.

Attachments

• zsup1.jpg
    zsup1.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 31
  • zsup2.jpg
    zsup2.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 36
  • zsup5.jpg
    zsup5.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 31

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
In the second picture, the yellow connector right below your hand.... Is it hooked up to anything on the other side? It kinda looks like the white part you're holding in your hand fits right in there, but I can't exactly tell from the pic if the yellow thing is plugged in....:dunno: It could also go to a white pluggin wedged in between the fender and the abs.

The third picture looks like it was suppost to be stuck on the fender well or something with the little prong thing on the back of it. Look around for a small round hold down there that looks like it was suppost to hold that sensor on and the other part of it should be near by.

The first pic is too vague for me to tell...Describe where that one's at ;).

jaybroncos30

Oct 9, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
so are these just part of a harness used on both abs and non abs cars and all non abs cars are like this? Or does this mean the car had abs and it was removed? Thanks

Also do these cars have any sort of option code listing anywhere on the car? I used to own a few f-bodies and they had RPO sheets that gave codes for all the factory options for service purposes. Thanks.

jaybroncos30

Oct 9, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
oops, almost forgot, car has the original window sticker, no abs listed, i guess this just means they used the same harness on abs and non abs cars...

Attachments

• windowsticker1.jpg
    windowsticker1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 8

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
jaybroncos30 said:
so are these just part of a harness used on both abs and non abs cars and all non abs cars are like this? Or does this mean the car had abs and it was removed? Thanks

the ABS connections in the body harness are typically present even if you don't have ABS.

jaybroncos30 said:
Also do these cars have any sort of option code listing anywhere on the car? I used to own a few f-bodies and they had RPO sheets that gave codes for all the factory options for service purposes. Thanks.

ha. i wish! no such thing exists for the MKIII.... :(