Few more quick questions

cruzinbill

SC3TT
Jun 26, 2005
Arkansas
where is the stock BOV and MAP sensor located on the 1j. just tryn to make sure i dont need anything else. thanks in advance guys. Also, do you guys know if the 1j soarer and 1j supra stock intercooler and piping are inerchangable.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
The stock BOV is on the left side of the engine. It is mounted on the rear turbos piping.

The MAP sensor's normal location is on the fire wall on the right side of the engine bay. Alot of people move them elsewhere though.

cruzinbill

SC3TT
Jun 26, 2005
Arkansas
thanks onejoezee, i thought i read the map sensor was bolted to the intake manifold... guess i have to source a damn map sensor now...

i know that the mk4 one is suposed to work im jsut wondering if the 1j supra one will as well(im tryn to keep options open for a cheap initial intercooler setup)

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
I think either the Soarer or the Supra(MKIV) have the MAP sensor bolted to the intake manifold but I'm not sure.

On the JZA70 though, it would be on the firewall stock.

cruzinbill

SC3TT
Jun 26, 2005
Arkansas
sm_photo_missing.jpg
is the part circled in green by chance the map... or is it like the AIT sensor also to answer a question i had put in another post does this look like a non hydrofan?

cruzinbill

SC3TT
Jun 26, 2005
Arkansas
thanks again onejoezee, thats what i figured... in the end im happy its a clucth and not hydro but damn now i have to get a map sensor.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
OneJoeZee said:
I think either the Soarer or the Supra(MKIV) have the MAP sensor bolted to the intake manifold but I'm not sure.

On the JZA70 though, it would be on the firewall stock.

the aristo's is bolted to the intake manifold