feels like a flat spot 2750-4000 rpm

supraduper

Jun 7, 2009
merrimack nh
has any one expirienced anything like this?

i have within the last 10k miles replaced the wires, cap and rotor, plugs 1k ago with toyota plugs, and coolant temp sensor

i have in addition checked the VAF meter, voltage sweep is smooth and steady... the air intake temp sensor is accurate as well....

no intake leaks

so... just curious if anyone has any idea

the car accelerates strong the just kind of "stops pulling" so hard between 3-4k then pulls again...is this normal of tha acis???

thanks in advance

BOOSTEDSUPRA

THE DRIVELINE GUY
Jan 4, 2007
turlock, calif
maybe check fuel pressure. mine had a fpr that was not bad but not good ither, lol. kinda did same thing. make sure the fpd isnt leaking also if its the stock plastic one.... cant think of anything off top of my head other than that sorry

supraduper

Jun 7, 2009
merrimack nh
so after looking into it more....

i determined that that acis is not working correctly.. as in there is no vacuum applied to the actuator when the car is driven...

so far, i know i have vacuum going to the vacuum reservoir .. and no vacuum coming from the solenoid

so i either have a bad solenoid or no signal going to the solenoid...

so, let me ask. is it possible to mix up the connectors.. for instance, will the acis solenoid connector connect to the egr solenoid ? and vice versa

i ask, because i had replaced the head gasket, i recal vaguely that there were different colors and i think i matched them up to the colors of the solenoids... can anyone speak to this?

furthermore, is it worth it just to replace the solenoid? common problem?

its so weird that i didnt catch on sooner as to the acis not working... i feel i have plenty of power low rpm.... curious as to how well it will pull after i fix it

thanks guys, sorry for the long brain fart of a post

supraduper

Jun 7, 2009
merrimack nh
all the vac lines are correct... i managed to pull the reservoir.. that was a nightmare...

bench tested the solenoid... it works....

so i go back to the connector, now that its accessible.. i have a 12 v feed... so now im going to check for a ground signal...

is there anything that would prevent the ecm to run the solenoid? like another bad sensor or whatnot?

back to work

supraduper

Jun 7, 2009
merrimack nh
so i am going to say its a bad solenoid.... even though it works now...

i have signal and voltage at the solenoid... but had no vacuum at the actuator before...

i am assuming that knocking around the solenoid a bit happened to free it up... good for now... but annoying..

thanks for listening and your input