feeler rain guards intrest (not like the jdm ones that don't work)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
IJ.;1424820 said:
AC is THE best demister bar none...

This is why the new cars automatically turn on the AC when you hit the defog option.

Also... if you get in there and really clean those windows (inside) it will prevent them from fogging up. Of course you really gotta clean them good. Most window cleaners are good at removing one type of scum from glass. You may need to clean each window with several different products.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
tell yae some thing figured out long ago from smoker cars

if the person drive around wiht there windows up wheil smokeing and use there ash tray to store butts cause the car to really really stink

but if you don't use you ash try and smoke wiht windows down the smeel is next to nothing and can easly be aired out

pendig on how much you smoke

RedComet13

Rock n Rolla
Mar 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I bought my JDM rain guards for something like $40 on Ebay, The best price I've seen em for since I've seen some up to $140 in bids. Great condition too, I just needed to Fix the Clips :biglaugh:

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
What's wrong with the JDM ones? It's been 5 years on my car and works well during the rainy days...although I would like it to be CF.

-Noel

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
Nash

I remeber discussing this sometime last year on here. One of the problems is that with the window in the full up position, the guards would then interfere with the opening of the door.

( Window hits rainguard when opening). The reason many steer away from the JDM style is the angle it takes out from the glass, and the fact that unlike most we see it does not extend around the full length of the glass. giving the guard a more blended look as opposed to an awning look.

Not sure how your going to work that out. I did notice that the newer Tbirds have an auto window down, about 2 inches, when you open the door. Saw that as an idea to solve our problem, but never went furthur than seeing it as a possibility.

Best of luck on the project and yes I am definetly interested.

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
Stretch;1424681 said:
If you bring soap you can freshen up while in there instead of sitting in the car doing nothing. Win win!

eric

:thumbup::biglaugh: studded winter tires or tire chains also good for beating bad weather in a sports car.

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Pernilongo;1425571 said:
:thumbup::biglaugh: studded winter tires or tire chains also good for beating bad weather in a sports car.

Your taxes pay for road repairs, so why not leave those chains on all year? Extra grip for those hot summer launches!
eric

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Davismj711;1425546 said:
Nash

I remeber discussing this sometime last year on here. One of the problems is that with the window in the full up position, the guards would then interfere with the opening of the door.

( Window hits rainguard when opening). The reason many steer away from the JDM style is the angle it takes out from the glass, and the fact that unlike most we see it does not extend around the full length of the glass. giving the guard a more blended look as opposed to an awning look.

Not sure how your going to work that out. I did notice that the newer Tbirds have an auto window down, about 2 inches, when you open the door. Saw that as an idea to solve our problem, but never went furthur than seeing it as a possibility.

I found that when I test drove the V6 and GT models for the new 2010 Mustang, they do the same thing. It goes down about 1.5-2 inches when you open/close the door, and then seals up against the frame again. Seems to allow little/no damage or wear on the weather stripping and is a great idea!

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
this is diffent desigh and such no window bs at all

Davismj711;1425546 said:
Nash

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
NASH

I am closing this thread down. When and if you have product on hand. Submit a GB application. This is turning into a smoking is bad for you, m'kay?

and another thing, intrested around here usually means, hey looks great, but if does not cost tree fiddy. I am not buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.