Not open for further replies.
Jul 30, 2011
A-Town WA
NAME: Justin Daniels
EMAIL: justin.daniels2@gmail.com
PHONE: pm or email first please.
PAYMENT PREFERENCE: paypal, cash, PayPal debit/credit is possible

------------------------------------------------------------------

PRICE: $125 plus shipping/ PayPal fee if used.
ITEM: "cooling panel"
DESCRIPTION: cooling panel, Options available vary from: having hood latch cutout, hood bump stop cutouts, headlight adjuster cut outs, or just flat panel with bump stop and adjusters for hood pin setups, or if you have a custom headlight setup and don't want adjusters I can delete them.
Pics:
The mold is made! 1st piece of just glass, still needs sanding and shaping
IMG_0587.JPG IMG_0588.JPG

comparison to C7 (so far)
IMG_0590.JPG IMG_0589.JPG

The types i have worked with so far:
regular carbon
IMG_0567.jpg

silver texalium
IMG_0581.JPG

dyed silver texalium (added black pigment to give it a "smoked" look)
IMG_0561.JPG

Almost any color/material you desire can be made (will vary on price due to amount needed at the time I purchase material from the company) For examples of material type or color options see:
http://compositeenvisions.com/raw-fabric-cloth-2/?zenid=k4pm17lfp405cv8adh31vmo567

Attachments

• IMG_0559.JPG
    IMG_0559.JPG
    385.5 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

57trimMKIII

Texas Supras' Slowest
Jul 14, 2010
DFW, TX
Another member just started making these in Carbon Fiber.

LIPP has made them in brushed or polished stainless for years now.

I do think the customization is cool though, carry on.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Once you get prices up I am in. We spoke before about it. I will have my car repainted in matte black, and would like to compliment that. So even a matte black one in fiber glass would be fine with me.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
it is titled as per the god of the internet "Google" a " Radiator Cooling Panel".

Justin can you snap a pic of the silver and dyed silver ones a little further back from the car? I would like to get an idea of the look of it on there. And I know I could look atthe carbon one and imagine the color and look of it, but I lost my imagination when my mommy took my crayons away last week. lol Also when you have an idea of price please let me know so I jump in on it.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
justin.daniels2;1930987 said:
what are you saying -jetjock

What IJ said. A gimmick that does nothing but add weight. You realize the hood is sealed at the front from the factory right? Then there's why the cooling system has a thermostat and what it does. That said it's not my business how people piss away their money...

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
So what you are saying is that this part is exactly like the CF sunshade for the rear window, the Supra window vents, and anything else that did not come stock on the car? Also if it isn't your business how people "piss away their money", then why even bother to chime in? Felt the need to vent a bit over people buying something for a Supra that is for form and not function? Most of us know it doesn't do anything but add less then a lb to the weight of the car. If I ate Burger King before I drove the car I just added more weight to the car then this peice would. I personally like most others, don't like looking at the void between the nose, and rad support. This is a nice cover for it. Now when someone pops the hood to show off a well built and chromed out engine, they won't see a hood latch and horns staring them in the face.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Sside;1931024 said:
Wow this is awesome, this is going to provide extra cooling for my car.... Sweet.....

Please for the love of good tell me there was sarcasm in this?! Either that or you have just not read anything in the entire thread.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
can we keep this even remotely on track here? This is about who is interested in this member's product, not a bash fest on those of that want it

Jul 30, 2011
A-Town WA
Man this has gotten retarded.. whatever though lol.. pm for inquiries otherwise ill pm back to THOSE WHO ARE INTERESTED in what I have to offer. Thanks, -Justin
Heres a status update too while Im at it: Mold has started! tomorow i will trim it up and finish the mold. So far i have 2 inquiries for "smoked" silver texalium anyone else?
IMG_0584.JPG
IMG_0585.JPG
IMG_0586.JPG

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
99% sure I want that smoked texalium one. I just don't know how dark you can make it. I don't want it to look like carbon fiber, but after talking with the wife she agrees that it needs to be dark. I might be placing a double order for a friend of mine. I will have to get in touch with him a little later.

Jul 30, 2011
A-Town WA
I can add as much pigment as you want, it is just dye that you mix into the epoxy. For all to know, there are other dye colors too! I just have black right now. The current part I made in "smoked" tex looks like the same shade/color as titanium.

Anyone interested in stainless steel? I have several small sheet of scrap stainless I can cut the same design out. Might make a heat shield or something along the lines for tube manifolds. The only problem is it wouldn't be fully universal since they change per company. I will design one off my manifold.

Status
Not open for further replies.