fastest 7mgte

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
jugalo65978 said:
when i say rebuild i mean rebuild (full tare down and inspecttion) i live in idaho and it snows all winter so i can drive it any way. also i have my own shop so thats where i get all my cash. i am 23. and your right 700 is a bit high im actualy lowering my goal to 500 for the first year. just got my hands on a spare moter and trans so that way i can build one whail i use the other in my car.

witch way are you going? auto or manual? auto would be easier to go fast, but would be more expensive, manual would be cheaper to go fast but ultimatly not hold up. post up your plans, id love to see them especially if your going automatic, i might have to steal a few ideas.

if i sound like im bieng sarcastic or like im trying to talk you out of it, im not. im just actually really intrested in how your going to go about doing this.

jugalo65978

Jun 3, 2006
idaho
nosechunks said:
witch way are you going? auto or manual? auto would be easier to go fast, but would be more expensive, manual would be cheaper to go fast but ultimatly not hold up. post up your plans, id love to see them especially if your going automatic, i might have to steal a few ideas.

if i sound like im bieng sarcastic or like im trying to talk you out of it, im not. im just actually really intrested in how your going to go about doing this.
thanks for the support man. i'm going with the automatic trans. i have 2 of them and am planning on bulding one outside of the car. this year the most ill do is upgrade the trans cooler and lines and maby get a torqu converter with a 3k stall. later on ill upgrade the valve bodys but not for a while. i havent looked around that much but level ten quoted me out at 4.5K for the trans build and the trq converter. i have a build thred that ill post updates on.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
jugalo65978 said:
thanks for the support man. i'm going with the automatic trans. i have 2 of them and am planning on bulding one outside of the car. this year the most ill do is upgrade the trans cooler and lines and maby get a torqu converter with a 3k stall. later on ill upgrade the valve bodys but not for a while. i havent looked around that much but level ten quoted me out at 4.5K for the trans build and the trq converter. i have a build thred that ill post updates on.

import performance trans sells a tranny thats rated for 9,90 runs, its ~2700 but i dont think it comes with a converter.

judging only by my 1/4 mile ET/MPH im guessing im currently in the ballpark of 290Whp, on a stock A340e besides the accumulator mods and its holding up pretty good. i want to get the IPT rebuilt kit with the Blue Friction option, its about ~600 bucks but comes with all gaskets,seals and clutches/bands. on top of that they sell the valve body mods for about 500, and in my experiance the converter will go for about 500 bucks.

whatever you end up doing with the A340E just post results and exact setup. there arent many people running the A340e that are pulling real good times.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
mibrum said:
My rail wieght is around 2000lbs and I am a prove that what the 2jz do the 7M Could do it...
44iteua.gif

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
jugalo65978 said:

For 4.5k you could have a built chevy tranny in there and custom made converter (to whatever specs youd like) that will hold more than youre going to put thru it.....

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Slow66 said:
For 4.5k you could have a built chevy tranny in there and custom made converter (to whatever specs youd like) that will hold more than youre going to put thru it.....

...and would more likely be the way you would want to go bieng you want to break 9's like its your job.

jugalo65978

Jun 3, 2006
idaho
nosechunks said:
...and would more likely be the way you would want to go bieng you want to break 9's like its your job.
thats a good idea. ive seen some adapter plates are being sold on this form.
dose any one know how much HP aluminum drive lines will hold? and if there is a source for cardon fiber drive lines for the mk3?

Murder

I gots teh CARFAX y0!
Jan 26, 2007
Clifton, NJ
I remember in an old Sport Compact Car, there was someone with a 7m turbo that made upwards of 750hp. I'm sure I still have the issue, I'll snap some shots of the article to read if ya'll want.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
oh, you might want to take a look at the new stroker kit SIP put out, or talk to him and try and get one made up. fully balenced and forged rods and pistons wouldnt be a bad start, along with a nice boost in displacement, like an extra .5l or so

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Murder said:
I remember in an old Sport Compact Car, there was someone with a 7m turbo that made upwards of 750hp. I'm sure I still have the issue, I'll snap some shots of the article to read if ya'll want.

I don't remember any specific articles on this car, but I think you're referring to Tony Ortiz' Orange MKIII. I know he did 10.2 on a stock R154...and as recent as I know of, he's up to 822rwhp right now...but I know that there for a while, he was around 700rwhp...Who knows...Hopefully it's someone else so we can say there's just that many more HighHP7M's out there. :)

Jeff

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Last time i talked to tony, he's shootign for over 1000whp, and probably not gonne be with that r154.....His cars gonna be brutally fast, and infact ive adjusted a little bit of my build because of it! :)

Jugalo, bottom line is that if you want to be one of the fastest, a GM tranny is a must. Period. Denny's Driveshafts can hook you up with a nasty DS (you can customise it to whatever lenght/yokes you need) and stick with a Steel version for reliability. If you really want a cf joint, PST (www.pstds.com) does good stuff...but i dunno if they can do one with a toyota rear yoke (anything can be done for the right $ tho). I knwo Dennys has done some toyota stuff before, so they might have a rear yoke in stock.

jason7mgte

Ok so I like the 88 tails
Dec 3, 2006
pa
I can't give an accurate time but I had a buick GN that ran consistant 10.8's @ 120 almost every single trip down the track . I was street racing in baltimore and got laid down 3-4 car lengths by a 89-92 style white supra still had the sawblades on it with just drag radials. I took him by at least a car off the line but up top 80 + he got past me. The car looked almost stock - tires/ exhaust and a well hidden front mount. Me and the 3 guys I came down there with had total drop jaw mostly because it cost me 500 however got it back from some yo in a saleen s-351(rare car)

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
The way it should be is :

The fastest 7M powered Supra with a transmission that came stock with the car. ;) This person would be 10.28@136MPH by Tony Orta in Vegas :biglaugh: He ran an R154 but not anymore since (like Slow mentioned) he will be aiming for more power and 2 spd power glide. At the time Tony had 799 RWHp on that run.

Duane

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
I know James Daily was running low 10's at around 139mph in MD a while back. This was on a 5sp tranny. I can't remember his exact time or mods. I think he had a 71mm turbo with a nice shot of N20.

I was at his shop not too long ago. He know has an EVO with so much power that can't make a clean pass without breaking.

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
"My rail wieght is around 2000lbs and I am a prove that what the 2jz do the 7M Could do it..."

You will have a hard time convincing the ricers on here.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
^What do you mean?

With his horsepower numbers he's currently putting down and better yet, what he WILL be putting down, he means that whatever the whereabouts are of a 2JZ's max power, he's going to be right up to par with it.

So, I don't understand why the "ricers" on here would have any trouble being convinced of anything? :dunno:

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
/\ You know, the narrow minded individuals that think the only way to make power without spending tons of money is by swapping in a 2JZ. Nevermind, I should have never made that comment since it might start a 10 page argument.

I'm just very glad guys like Milburn are pushing the limits of the 7M. It would be even better if his motor was in a real full body supra. I bet it would still be a high 8 second car with the right parts.