Fast and the Furious 4

Tango_hotel

serial thread killer
Oct 13, 2007
Texas
The new HOT ROD magazine had an article about the cars, and there were several GNs used during shooting. Bone stock, and the stunt versions were V8 iirc. However the trucks used during the gas heist scene are incredible- 500+ci twin turbo with semi-truck axles and hubs- the car coordinator said the 3 trucks were the most expensive vehicles on the set. They also cloned a bunch of classics and destroyed a numbers matching big-block chevelle- there is supposed to be a new nissan GTR in some of the scenes.

JZa80

Mar 6, 2009
WI
ya there was a big argument that that fbomb camaro coudlnt do a wheelie in dirt and that hot rod magazine proves the guy acutlly did it. INSANE!!!! i acutlly am thinking this one will be better. just because it fills the major gap of what happened to torreto. lol anyone else ever wondered that haha. and i love ont he rpeview the deert scene where they ahve all the cars balling through the deseret. and of ocurse subies leading the way! and agreed brewster amkes the movie probably.

Tango_hotel

serial thread killer
Oct 13, 2007
Texas
Yeah, in the article it says one of the cars couldn't do a wheelie like the director wanted so they put something like 4000lbs of counterweight behind the axle- instant wheelie!

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
HAHAHA Well the theatre here is having a car show on opening night this friday, I dont think ill go because I went in highschool to that shitty ass 2 fast 2 furious on openingn ight and they had a car show for it too and it was soo crowded it became unenjoyable, we got squeezed into the shittiest seats, a lot of morons were there, it just blew, I'll go see it but probably not for a week or two if I do try and tough it out im sure itll be a pain like it was last time haha dont know yet.

It can't be any worse than the 2nd movie, and at least they have a grand national in it and vin deisels back he was one of the only characters I liked, Paul Walker makes one faggoty ass LEO in the films, hes such a douche

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Boost Lee;1272045 said:
I have no shame in admitting that I enjoy watching these movies.

As bad as they blow things out of proportion, and as distasteful as some of the cars are at times, you have to keep in mind it IS a movie.

If all movies (not just racing film genres) were based around day-to-day life...
Most would fail miserably at being entertaining/popular.

At the end of the day, I am, have been and still will be a car enthusiast.
That said, I can't wait for the movie to come out to see what they come up with this time. ;)

Jeff

My thoughts exactly. X2