fan shroud fitment on 1J with koyo and MK4 fan clutch

juan jz

Mar 21, 2008
Anaheim
I need some help, I'm trying to put a fan shroud for my 1JZ, I'm currently running the MK4 GTE fan clutch and a koyo aluminum radiator, my problem is that I tryed installing a fan shroud that came off my 7M but it wouldn't line up, is there something different I'm suppose to use, I don't have that much room, if someone has a similar set up please help thanks in advance

juan jz

Mar 21, 2008
Anaheim
HERE IS A PICTUE OF MY SET UP.

p1293309_1.jpg

p1293309_2.jpg

juan jz

Mar 21, 2008
Anaheim
Well I have the 89+ fan shroud from a 7MGTE but it only bolts to the top of the radiator and the bottom doesn't. Is it suppose to bolt all around

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
No, it's not supposed to bolt all the way around since the 1JZ shroud/radiator is different and the koyo is for the 1JZ...

Make brackets to hold the bottom on like I did...

staticpage

Banned: Scammer, liar, cheat and thief
Oct 3, 2007
Cincinnati
I has just thinking to myself “I bet my 7mge fan shroud won’t line up with my 1j.” I was thinking of making a custom shroud out of sheet medal this way I can mold it to my likening. There seems to be a small limit of space in there though.

zombie

Mar 5, 2006
Midland, Perth, WA, Australia
Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE;1293428 said:
Use the JZA70 fan shroud ok!
The koyo is made to use the JZA70 shroud which will line up better to the 1JZ then the 7M.

Maybe even the aristo shroud if you must may work.
the JZA70 shroud WILL NOT line up with a clutch fan setup, as the clutch fan is offset from the center (being as it's driven off the water pump shaft) and the JZA70 shroud has the fan basically dead center for it's hydro setup

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE said:
or maybe order the correct oem one from toyota champion?
there is no OEM shroud setup for a JZA70 using a clutch fan setup, as that setup never came out of the factory, the JZZ30 Soarer did, but I'm unsure if the shroud from that would fit as the Z30 is a closer cousin to the JZA80 than the JZA70

staticpage

Banned: Scammer, liar, cheat and thief
Oct 3, 2007
Cincinnati
Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE;1294148 said:
or maybe order the correct oem one from toyota champion?

right like zombie said I dont think it would line up thats why im doing a custom shroud

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
I'm using a pre-89 7M shroud with a 2JZ clutch and fan. I have it setup with a factory 7m radiator, and the clearances are very tight even with the thin factory rad. Actually I had to modify the stock hold downs so that I could pull the radiator back a little bit more away from the fan, because it would hit under braking.

I really don't think it's going to work out too well with the big Koyo, Aaron from DM was talking about using a clutch from an LS400, and a stock 7M turbo fan, to get the most fan to shroud/radiator clearance.

As far as it not lining up, I'm lost there. I've had my factory shroud on 3 different radiators, and it's lined up on all of them fine. You might have to make brackets for it to bolt to the Koyo on the bottom. On the stock setup it has little slots it slides into on the bottom.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
E-fan jza-70 shroud works I know because im using it.
the third gen soarer is the cousin of the mkiv
the second gen square one is the cousin of the mkiii think of the soapra version of the soarer not the sc300 version.

juan jz

Mar 21, 2008
Anaheim
im thinking on the custome fan shroud is a better idea, and if its done with sheet metal it will be slim to fit

Ryan_V

Mar 1, 2009
Austin
I used the China radiator off Ebay with my 1JZ/SC300

I believe the China radiator is made for the MK3 Supra chassis, but works in the SC300 chassis.

Anyways, I had to do extensive surgery to the stock SC300 fan shroud to make it work.

RRZPQ-IMGP2342.JPG

FQIRH-IMGP2337.JPG

KDTYT-IMGP2333.JPG