Fan Clutch fitment issue?

deazndude

Aug 29, 2011
Orlando
I have a JDM 2jz-gte swapped with 96+ mk4 motor mounts. The fan Clutch is from an SC300 along with the blade. When i test fitted the clutch it seems like it didn't fit, it would not slide in all the way. What's wrong? Also is one 1 inch of clearance enough? If you spaced the clutch out in your swap so you didn't have to trim the blades, please tell me how you did it or where you got the parts because I'm planning to do the same. I don't want to do a bad job and have an unbalanced fan clutch.

B62pnK0.jpg

NzkhkJ1.jpg

hCkTome.jpg

Last edited:

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
what water pump is in there? it was a really tight fit if i remember right but it worked ok, dont want to use any spacers its not fun having a fan blow up in the engine bay

deazndude

Aug 29, 2011
Orlando
I couldn't tell you as I don't know, is there any way to figure out? I've heard of people spacing out their clutch I wonder how they do it.

deazndude

Aug 29, 2011
Orlando
Sorry should've been a little more clear the fan clutch isn't fitting on where it bolts up to the water pump. I think it's pushing up where the little rust line is in the water pump. Radiator is a Mishimoto.

s8w9j0b.jpg

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Picture of water pump please.

That shouldn't be the issue.

Also take a picture of the fan on not fittings and the blades clearing the water neck.

The sc300 2jzge water neck is on drivers side. Gte is on passenger. 2jzge fan blades need to be trimmed to clear the water neck or else the fan will not bolt on the waterpump.

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
The 2J blade will also have issues with the shroud without being trimmed. If you clean up the surface rust on the pump it might go on.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
ive never had fitment issues with a 2j clutch and gte blade and oe radiator and shroud

if its just that pulley being dirty clean it, get a red scotch brite pb blaster and go to town, i use a little antiseize to keep it easy in the future.