factory alarm broke my headlight?

tfhorst

Nov 2, 2011
pittsburgh
So I have been re-building a cherry (old man drove it to church, no joke, and when the fuel pump blew he parked it with 79,0000) 87/na. I don't know much about supra's but I know cars well.

This one got me though. So the other day I miss closing the door wile fitting some glass fenders. It was locked but not closed so I thre in the valet key I had on me and the alarm went off. Lots of noise, headlights going off...I killed it as quick as I could. Well one headlight went down half way. I had teasted them a few time before and they worked strong. I cursed and turned it down by hand thinking it was missalined beacause I pulled the front clip before. Next day turn the key and it went up half way again....would not budge when I turned the lights on....went on though this a few times now..

So... wtf? Any ideas? Did I just burn the motor? Relay? What.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I have no idea what I just read. It all started with "So the other day I miss closing the door wile fitting some glass fenders" WTF does that sentence mean? You tried to close the door, but you missed? You hadn't closed the door in some time, and you missed the experience? Glass Fenders? I assume fiberglass? My guess is that the problem was caused by how you put the front end all back together.

To fix it, look just to the inside of each headlight, and you will see the rubber caps at the top of each headlight motor. Pull the caps, and crank them to the closed position while the switch is in the off position. I have had this happen before and had this help. And, I've had it not help.

Also, having a headlight die on you will also cause them to act strangely. Be sure both of your bulbs are working.