Extra power distribution (add on fuse blocks)

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
After installing and removing many extra aftermarket components, I'm tired of adding little wires here and there and trying to remind myself which one is powering which component. I haven't really seen much discussion on what people do to add extra circuits in their cars for things like lighting aftermarket gauges and other things that might like 12 volt switched sources like aftermarket widebands, etc.

What I'm currently looking at is adding something like the attachment below.

This one has 7 ignition-switched circuits in it. My question is what have you guys used, if anything, and are you happy with it's performance? Pics of the install would be nice, too! :)

I think something like this would be nice to keep under dash wiring pretty clean and simple without adding a bunch of the taps that a lot of stores sell.

Attachments

• prf-70217_w.jpg
    prf-70217_w.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 40

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
Get your hands on a fuse box from a parts car if you can...you can get an additional four fuses in the box with a little bit of work (on the left in the picture)

p1283129_1.jpg

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
Figgie,
That is actually one of the Painless products in the picture. The PP looks like a good product, but I'm trying to see what other people have done. Jegs also sells the 7 ignition hot circuit one which is what I'm looking at right now....

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
CPT Furious;1284557 said:
Figgie,
That is actually one of the Painless products in the picture. The PP looks like a good product, but I'm trying to see what other people have done. Jegs also sells the 7 ignition hot circuit one which is what I'm looking at right now....

well

If you are a gadget freak

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71936&highlight=PDM32&page=2

you could do what I did... ;)

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71936&highlight=PDM32&page=2

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
damn, if I knew my ass from a hole in the ground electrical-wise, I'd be pretty excited about that. Nice work.