exhaust?

spawntaker

1jz lover
Nov 15, 2008
Conroe,Tx
i'm going with a 1jz set up. i was wanting to know what would be the best catback exhaust system to go with. i want a nice deep rumbling sound exhaust. no ricer noise exhaust. if video of exhaust available plz post.

spawntaker

1jz lover
Nov 15, 2008
Conroe,Tx
S.A. supra;1326118 said:
HKS Super dragger. I'll try and get video tomorrow.

are you running a HKS Super dragger on your car? dose it sound nice? do you think it will sound nice on my stock 1jz?

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
tbcmorris;1326133 said:
hkss super dragger or blitz nur spec

+1 on the Blitz Nur Spec. Im running that on mine, installation was easy, fit perfectly, sounds/looks great, has a nice deep tone and not obnoxiously loud...no vids sorry, heres a pic or two!
DSCN0820.jpg

DSCN0850.jpg

Founds some vids of a 1JZ MKIII with the blitz nur spec on it (not my car)
http://www.youtube.com/user/JZA70

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
spawntaker;1326120 said:
are you running a HKS Super dragger on your car? dose it sound nice? do you think it will sound nice on my stock 1jz?

Yep thats what I've run for 2 years now. I have a single turbo setup with 3 inch all the way back with a high flow cat, but I'm sure it would sound good on stock twins. I ran it on my old car which was a stock turbo 7m and it sounded great. If you like a low rumble at idle almost sounds like stock and a nice deep rumble at wot this is a great muffler. I'm a old guy 33 and I don't like a lot of attention. So this muffler works great for me.

spawntaker

1jz lover
Nov 15, 2008
Conroe,Tx
can a mk4 supra exhaust work on my set up. my set will be a 90 toyota supra 1jz stock twin turbo. i was also thinking i have a trust downpipe and i can get a muffler and just have some 3" piping welded to my downpipe and muffler by a muffler shop. would this be cheaper then to go and buy a catback and test pipe. will the sound still be as good as the catback and test pipe. what would be the best way out.

spawntaker

1jz lover
Nov 15, 2008
Conroe,Tx
Poodles;1328858 said:
Don't get the system welded together or you'll hate life when you have to remove the exhaust, especially with twins...

I love my Raptor Racing exhaust as it sounds mean, flows great, and doesn't look like a rice cannon.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66443

but this is not deep enough rumble for me. what would you recommend thats not to pricey or to ricerish. i was going to do the welded part because i dont have plans any time soon to remove it and when that time come i'll get a couple of my friends to help me remove it.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
I think what he means is if you want a custom job done dint weld it all together. buy some 3 inch flanges. flange it where the cat begin and ends. So that you can switch out the exhaust, cat, or the downpipe with out removing the whole exhaust system. how much are you looking to spend? My dragger cost $600 high flow cat was $100 and the down pipe was $100 flanges are $15. you should be able to get the whole turbo back for $850. Thats not bad for a quality turbo back system.