Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
i only have a pic from when i first made it, only had one v-band on it then

now it has a flex section and a 2nd v-band

p1329011_1.jpg

p1329011_2.jpg

hmmm, with piping, flanges, flex section, and the muffler i think it came out around 450-475, didnt really keep track of it tho

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
spawntaker;1328924 said:
but this is not deep enough rumble for me. what would you recommend thats not to pricey or to ricerish. i was going to do the welded part because i dont have plans any time soon to remove it and when that time come i'll get a couple of my friends to help me remove it.

Sorry bud, but you're not going to get a deep rumble out of a 2.5 or 3.0 I6... and turbo(s) stop that rumble as well.

Not to mention it's very hard to make an I6 sound rice.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
^I've heard some very deep rumbly sounding 7MGTEs... usually pushing the 4' exhaust and a bigger than CT-26 turbo though...

*sneaks back out of the turbo thread*

spawntaker

1jz lover
Nov 15, 2008
Conroe,Tx
S.A. supra;1328962 said:
I think what he means is if you want a custom job done dint weld it all together. buy some 3 inch flanges. flange it where the cat begin and ends. So that you can switch out the exhaust, cat, or the downpipe with out removing the whole exhaust system. how much are you looking to spend? My dragger cost $600 high flow cat was $100 and the down pipe was $100 flanges are $15. you should be able to get the whole turbo back for $850. Thats not bad for a quality turbo back system.

i agree with you. but the thing is i'm not going to run a cat. now my thoughts are i already have a trust downpipe. i'll buy a muffler and have a custom piping made that goes from the downpipe to the muffler. that would mean i need 3 flanges. 1 for the muffler and 2 for the custom piping. and the downpipe already comes with its own flanges. as for the muffler i'm undecided. now for my budget i have about $700 but i would rather spend less on the exhaust and get some upgrades for my 1jz with the rest. is this a good idea. plz need some good advice.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
my only suggestion is to flange it. just in case you want to go to a big single. Or decide to go with a high flow. Or want a different sound from your muffler.