Exhaust Resonator

connor.stephens

Nov 17, 2010
Clackamas, OR
Recently upgraded my exhaust I am currently running 2.5" catback to a magnaflow 3.5" dual tip muffler.
I love the sound but it is VERY droney at times so i'm looking at adding a resonator is there a model of brand that you guys recommend? or does the brand, size, model even matter? I would like to still have a nice growl to the exhaust when I get into higher rpms but just eliminate the drone.

Thanks

Asterix

Lurker of Power
Mar 31, 2005
Vienna, VA
I'm happy with my Hushpower II. Summit has them in various sizes. I got the longest one in 2.5" they had. Butt-dyno said no effect on power from a very loud straight-through "resonator". It still drones going up hills around 2200 rpm, so I just downshift.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I get drones with my setup (3" from the turbos back, no cats, one resonator, one muffler), but it only seems to be at a couple different RPM levels. Possible to cruise at a different rpm or gear?

connor.stephens

Nov 17, 2010
Clackamas, OR
thanks for the replys guys!

te72;1873603 said:
I get drones with my setup (3" from the turbos back, no cats, one resonator, one muffler), but it only seems to be at a couple different RPM levels. Possible to cruise at a different rpm or gear?

Damn automatic makes this a little bit harder lol

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Orion ZyGarian;1873728 said:
Brad, out of curiosity, what kind of resonator and muffler? I'm planning on the same setup on my car, with some "overkill" sized sound suppressing (biggest Magnaflow muffler I could find, still looking around for a resonator).
Blitz Nur Spec, test pipe, and the ebay 1j y-pipe-of-questionable-quality... stock on all the other pipes on the other size of the head. :)

With the silencer in, it is perfect for road trips quiet enough that you barely hear it), with the silencer out, perfect for daily driving.

connor.stephens;1873798 said:
Damn automatic makes this a little bit harder lol
Ohh... yeah. Sorry about that. :p